New to this site but have been hunting NY for 35 years

Capt John

Just stopping in to say hello from Long Island. I have been hunting NY for 35 years and run a guide service here on Long Island. We mostly hunt waterfowl on the salt marsh but also have a great bow season for deer and other small game inland.

Over the last 3 years I have been running up to the Oswego area to visit and hunt with my daughter who is attending SUNY Oswego. So, I have been scouting out many areas in between LI and Oswego. I always like hitting a new spot off season to see what is around.

We are planning to do some turkey hunting next month but I have not found a good spot close to Oswego. So we will probably hit our usual spots farther south where I know we will have a chance at some nice birds.

During the non-hunting months we do a lot of spearfishing for Striped Bass, Mahi-Mahi and Blackfish along with other species and go shipwreck diving for lobsters. In between seasons I restore and build award winning duck boats. 

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Happy hunting

• Like 3