Advice for a newbie!

34NY

Got a big tom 100 yards out. Moving away. He definitely saw my decoys. I'm playing hard to get. Just soft clucks and purrs sparingly. He's gobbled 3-4 times but they're getting further away. Just stay the course? Bow hunting so no run n gun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I would sit tight.  Could try and move on him if you  know where he is going (like out flank him to another field he may be headed to) or just sit it out. 

If he saw your decoys he may come back around for another look.  If you had a jake decoy and he was an older tom he may have stayed clear because the jakes have been harassing him this spring. 

Try removing the jake decoy and sit tight.  If he swings back around and sees the lone hen he may come in.

Good luck

maybe he saw you typing away on your phone......just a thought.

I was desperate Lol. No didn't make it to the freezer, but you can bet your ass I'll be after him again tomorrow! He's officially my first turkey nemesis Lol. Unfortunately where he was is land I don't have permission to hunt, so I have to get him to come to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Edited by 34NY

I would sit tight. Could try and move on him if you know where he is going (like out flank him to another field he may be headed to) or just sit it out.

If he saw your decoys he may come back around for another look. If you had a jake decoy and he was an older tom he may have stayed clear because the jakes have been harassing him this spring.

Try removing the jake decoy and sit tight. If he swings back around and sees the lone hen he may come in.

Good luck

Good advice... I would try removing the strut deke an go with single hen

Sent from my Droid Commando using Tapatalk 2