Concealed Carry USA class for Utah recip. permit

I took the Utah Non-residend CCW class March 9th in NJ. I have not received the permit yet, however I believe turn around time takes close to 60 days.

Class was 4 hrs, learning Utah's law regarding concealed carry. the class is what you make it, therefore more questions asked by the class the more discussion.

Utah does not require a gun proficency class like Florida does. Florida requires you to take a firearm training class, although all you have to show is your hunting license and you will qualify. If not you can take the NRA course.

the Utah allows CCW in 31 states I believe. Florida gives you and additional 2 states,

Florida doesn't allow you PA, Utah does.

hope this helps.

FYI, my cost was $200. not the cheapest but oh well.

Took my Utah non resident just short of 5 years ago. Just got re-newal in mail yesterday as a matter of fact. Believe it's $15 and a new pic and I send it in. It's nice to have some reciprocity. I can drive from here to Florida and have all states covered with the exception of South Carolina I believe. I was told that you can call LE and let them know you are passing thru. Locked in trunk with ammo separate. Don't quote me on this though. I also purchased the 50 states book which lists each state's law. Quite helpful. 

So it is just basically telling you what you need to do, not doing it?

If you mean, they tell you how to conceal carry, then no. That will be specific to everyone's body type, philosphy of carry and gun.

however again, the class is what you make it. the more people to ask question and comment the more dialogue was generated.  Keep in mind that 90% of the class probably never carried before, so its all opinion.

the curriculum of the class it to learn what Utah requires for CCW permit holders.

they inlcude a CD that gives you the law to all 50 states, keep in mind that law will change and it is your responsibility to know. and gives you other resources that will help you.

Sorry I was not too clear. I meant do they perform training that is required to get Utah permit, do they tell you what you need to do to get Utah permit or do they actually start your permitting?

Sorry I was not too clear. I meant do they perform training that is required to get Utah permit, do they tell you what you need to do to get Utah permit or do they actually start your permitting?

No training required  They take care of everything right there  From prints, photo and paperwork. All you need to do is throw proper paperwork in an envelope and mail it. Very easy process unlike trying to get a NY permit.

Im sorry I didn't understand your question. Turkeyfeathers is correct. actually half the course is them walking you through completing the paper work to ensure zero mistakes. the place that I took the class even provided the envelopes and mailed it for us the next day. THey did our fingerprinting, picture and mailing.

just show up with a pen.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. There are 100's perhaps 1,000s walking around Monroe county with multiple permits. There are companies teaching classes for Utah and Fla permits all across the state.

If it was illegal I'm sure someone would have noticed.....

Getting a PA non resident permit is the way to go, $20 and about 30 minutes of paperwork and you walk out the door with, or so what I have read from several posts. I have not gone and tried yet but will soon.