Ameristep Quad Pod elevated blind

I went to Geneseo yesterday and set up the Quad Pod Platform . I had pre-assembled a little bit to make it faster to set up . It still took me quite a while and it was HOT out . I set the platform up on the bank of a pond where the deer travel along the pond and across an East - West horse trail . I put a camo tarp across the top and along the front and one side . I also mounted the stand on 2X6 so the feet wouldn't sink in and the drove 5 foot stakes in the ground so it wouldn't blow over . I fastened the stakes to the legs woth hose clamps .

I won't put the blind on top until maybe a week or two before the season opens October 1st .

post-132-0-53487900-1399985060_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-46037000-1399985072_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-26398900-1399985095_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-64433500-1399985123_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-32850600-1399985139_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-64456100-1399985159_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I say put the blind on soon, let them get use to it, i would think it will make noise in the wind or rain. Looks nice. How about the hole to get up there, how big is it and does a chair cover it? I can be klutzy sometime and i would worry about that 

I wouldn't want to leave a pop up blind on that thing all summer in the elements. Wind, rain, etc. Plus, sun will make all bit the most expensive blinds fade like it is going out of style. I have some blinds that are hues or pink and purple from sitting out all summer. That spot will get full sun all day every day.

As much as manufacturers say their blinds are UV resistant and fade resistant...they are for a short while. But leaving them out through summer is a recipe for disaster.

Edited by phade

I wouldn't want to leave a pop up blind on that thing all summer in the elements. Wind, rain, etc. Plus, sun will make all bit the most expensive blinds fade like it is going out of style. I have some blinds that are hues or pink and purple from sitting out all summer. That spot will get full sun all day every day.

As much as manufacturers say their blinds are UV resistant and fade resistant...they are for a short while. But leaving them out through summer is a recipe for disaster.

I figured he was building  blind there. Didn't know it was a tent.

I figured he was building  blind there. Didn't know it was a tent.

My FIL has one and them seem to be tailor made for your typical 60x60 hub blind.

It would take some work to rig up a more permanent blind but I agree, probably worth it if the thing is going to be parked there. The cheap corrugated roofing/siding would be lightweight, as long as it could be made rigid enough to handle winds, then that seems like a smart move.

A Hub Blind goes on top of that platform and I figured it would fade quite a bit if left out all summer .

I put a tarp over the top and may put a piece of 5'X5' carpet in the blind so that when there is a breeze my scent won't be blown all over . I plan to put a plastic lawn chair in there but have to put a thin board across the front feet and rear feet so they don't punch through the flooring and the chair has to be in there before the Hub Blind is attached .

The platform with the blind was $248 . The platform alone was $249 . Go figure .