Made my decision, 2014 Yamaha Viking

Its doing great. It did awesome over the winter for plowing, the only two complaints I have are that the headlights get blocked by the plow, and the plow is so short, it cant pile the snow very high. To solve the headlight issue, Ill be adding an LED light bar to the top of the cage, right under the roof. The snow piling issue, well, I dont have that solution solved just yet. The big problem with that this year, was we had so much snow without a melt. I was pushing snow across the street by the end of the winter. Not supposed to do that, but I had no choice, I ran out of room.

Its doing great. It did awesome over the winter for plowing, the only two complaints I have are that the headlights get blocked by the plow, and the plow is so short, it cant pile the snow very high. To solve the headlight issue, Ill be adding an LED light bar to the top of the cage, right under the roof. The snow piling issue, well, I dont have that solution solved just yet. The big problem with that this year, was we had so much snow without a melt. I was pushing snow across the street by the end of the winter. Not supposed to do that, but I had no choice, I ran out of room.

I got real close to running out of space for snow because it kept coming and didn't want to melt. One more major storm, and I would have had to call in someone with a front-loader or something. One thing that I have learned though is that to a certain extent, snow can be piled into a ramp shaped pile that the lighter weight ATVs can ride up to push snow over the bank. That can make a big difference.

post-11-0-74865200-1430562171_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-28580400-1430562197_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just make sure that snow is packed down good when ramping it,I had to get my truck to pull mine off of a 4' high ramp and hit a soft spot and sunk in.

10 years with the same cable on the warn winch.( that is what the rollers are for ) just make sure they are free to move.

Just make sure that snow is packed down good when ramping it,I had to get my truck to pull mine off of a 4' high ramp and hit a soft spot and sunk in.

10 years with the same cable on the warn winch.( that is what the rollers are for ) just make sure they are free to move.

Ha-ha-ha ..... A man's got to know his limitations. It's not the sort of thing I would try with any ATV, ignoring the vehicles weight or any quality of snow. It is a trick that only works with some real careful plow-lift manipulation and a real good feel of what it is that you are riding on. And, never allow the tires to spin when you are at the top. And never go over the top. Been there....Done that.

This year, the snow turned rock-hard early on, and made a nice base.

• 2 weeks later...