DMP going up another 17% ....

growalot

FSW are you off your med's again?

Good thing the DEC can't easily track you down to check on those doe you plan on killing with out permits based on internet postings.

CWD

Figured I get you going in another direction that has nothing to do with anything in this topic.

• Like 1

FSW are you off your med's again?

Good thing the DEC can't easily track you down to check on those doe you plan on killing with out permits based on internet postings.

CWD

Figured I get you going in another direction that has nothing to do with anything in this topic.

Yeah you are exactly the poster child for the whiners.  You cant handle when someone shoves the truth in your face and with a reply like the one above everybody on this site less maybe your 2 sidekicks can see what you bring to the table.

Look on the bright side...There will always be that little spike buck waiting for you on the state land. He will be the first one that steps out so no need to check him out. Just blast away!

The DEC...HaHaHa..Thats a good one. They have a hard enough time managing the papers on their desk then to tell someone how to manage their lands. I invite them with open arms seeing that they are here 2-3 times a year for a little pow-wow. Even have one DEC employee that hunts along with a city cop so i'm good with that!

Four seasons it is people like you and ones that are not real hunters who are trying to force the changes you speak of. You for the money and the others for an easy decoration for there den that they didn't need to work for our have any real skill to get.You want everyone to just want to buy a trophy to line your pockets. Ad your way of thinking is part of what is wrong in this country.Look where forgetting about tradition has gotten us so far if we keep it up it's all down hill. By bthe way where around letchworth do you own I hunt alot of area around southern end of it and have for many many years and I can say without a doubt that I have seen the deer population and quality drop big time over the years. The state has shown us it has it wrong and you may not be wrong yet you are far from right my friend.

Yeah you are exactly the poster child for the whiners.  You cant handle when someone shoves the truth in your face and with a reply like the one above everybody on this site less maybe your 2 sidekicks can see what you bring to the table.

Look on the bright side...There will always be that little spike buck waiting for you on the state land. He will be the first one that steps out so no need to check him out. Just blast away!

The DEC...HaHaHa..Thats a good one. They have a hard enough time managing the papers on their desk then to tell someone how to manage their lands. I invite them with open arms seeing that they are here 2-3 times a year for a little pow-wow. Even have one DEC employee that hunts along with a city cop so i'm good with that!

What?

Its hard to make sense of this dribble. Call in that script before they take you away again.

Four seasons it is people like you and ones that are not real hunters who are trying to force the changes you speak of. You for the money and the others for an easy decoration for there den that they didn't need to work for our have any real skill to get.You want everyone to just want to buy a trophy to line your pockets. Ad your way of thinking is part of what is wrong in this country.Look where forgetting about tradition has gotten us so far if we keep it up it's all down hill. By bthe way where around letchworth do you own I hunt alot of area around southern end of it and have for many many years and I can say without a doubt that I have seen the deer population and quality drop big time over the years. The state has shown us it has it wrong and you may not be wrong yet you are far from right my friend.

Another one that refuses to see the writing on the wall. Did i anywhere say i charge people to hunt my property? Did i anywhere say i had plans to lease my property? Im telling you that it is coming to that regardless. 

I am not a real hunter you say? Good one. Only 50 years old and running since i was 12. I my friend have seen where hunting was and is and can see the writing on the wall for the future. 

You make a post such as this and then ask where my property sits on Letchworth. Ha..Good one!  Letchworth is a fine example of what hunting should be. 17 years ago Letchworth was a joke with 100 deer standing in the roads at any givin time. I take it you were one of the ones that sat on the upper half in view of your truck and waited for those 60 pounders from years gone past! We took 16 deer off the park last year with a couple in the high 120's.  Still to many deer on some parts of the park.

Thats not bizarre my friend....Thats the real world!  You may very well be one of the ones left without and give up because of the binders you wear. It will get along fine!  In the end there will be the ones that survive and thrive and then there will be the others!

NOTHING you say? How can this be?  Almost 1000 acres at my disposal split between 2 of the better hunting parts of the state and a thriving business that is bursting at the seams. Trust me. In the end it will not be me with nothing because i dont sit on my hands and complain or listen to what others say that i should or should not or can and can not do!  Sorry, Not in the dna!

Yes, you will be left with NOTHING.  Rural people won't have the money to give you for the rights to hunt your land or shoot your penned deer, while the urban and suburban people, who may have some money are getting more and more removed from hunting, and mighty few of them will still be hunting in a few years.  I think most people from any region are smart enough to know when they are getting ripped off.  So all those $$$$ signs that you are seeing in front of your eyes will disappear.   Maybe you'll end up selling those big penned bucks at a garage sale alongside your old toaster.  I'll give you $5 for both.  LOL

Yes, you will be left with NOTHING.  Rural people won't have the money to give you for the rights to hunt your land or shoot your penned deer, while the urban and suburban people, who may have some money are getting more and more removed from hunting, and mighty few of them will still be hunting in a few years.  I think most people from any region are smart enough to know when they are getting ripped off.  So all those $$$$ signs that you are seeing in front of your eyes will disappear.   Maybe you'll end up selling those big penned bucks at a garage sale alongside your old toaster.  I'll give you $5 for both.  LOL

Boy you just love talking about and bringing up my farm in a thread that has nothing to do with fences. That shows you have nothing to bring to the table. You talk of me lining my pockets? Dont see where i said i ever charged anybody to hunt my property.

I guess you just have a hard time with the real world. I guess in a few more years when the pinch gets a little stronger you will feel it.

There will always be hunters and those hunters will want to be on the top properties that produce.Big Racked Bucks..Period!

Now if you could get back to the op and find something productive to say about DMP's going uo 17% to try and fix years of Ny state piss poor deer management. 

Boy you just love talking about and bringing up my farm in a thread that has nothing to do with fences. That shows you have nothing to bring to the table. You talk of me lining my pockets? Dont see where i said i ever charged anybody to hunt my property.

I guess you just have a hard time with the real world. I guess in a few more years when the pinch gets a little stronger you will feel it.

There will always be hunters and those hunters will want to be on the top properties that produce.Big Racked Bucks..Period!

Now if you could get back to the op and find something productive to say about DMP's going uo 17% to try and fix years of Ny state piss poor deer management. 

Please stop implying that I went off topic here.  Hey, you were first to respond directly back to a statement I made, so I am just calling a spade a spade.  We have read enough of your posts to know where you are coming from.  You make some money off hunting right now and you want to make MORE in the future.  You argue until you are blue in the face, be it about CWD or anything else to protect this livelihood for yourself.  The fact that people may have to cough up good money to hunt makes you completely happy.  In your view everyone SHOULD have to, so people like yourself can make money.  We know the deal.

Please stop implying that I went off topic here.  Hey, you were first to respond directly back to a statement I made, so I am just calling a spade a spade.  We have read enough of your posts to know where you are coming from.  You make some money off hunting right now and you want to make MORE in the future.  You argue until you are blue in the face, be it about CWD or anything else to protect this livelihood for yourself.  The fact that people may have to cough up good money to hunt makes you completely happy.  In your view everyone SHOULD have to, so people like yourself can make money.  We know the deal.

Please go back and show us the post that i replied to that i brought up deer farming,hunting behind fence or selling any deer to anyone! You brought up my farm and my deer in one of your stupid little ploys to try and change the whole conversation. Fact is i do not make any cash of any of hunting property. Thats what the conversation was about!!! Fact

My livelihood is running my auto repair shop so you are clueless there again. My hobby is raising whitetails!  I dont really care which way hunting goes myself because unlike you i was smart enough to go out and get 1000 acres of great hunting land and i was also smart enough to start a hobby that just happens to be part of the fastest growing industry in the country.  Thats what has your goat about me. Its called envy! Deal with it!!!

Ask Meat or a few of the other boys that lease land on this site exactly why they do so?  

Thats a joke if i ever heard one. Why is it that states that are nothing but trophy states have no problems ny state has? They have been trophy states for years. But you are right on the big hunting. It wont be long and if you find yourself on the wrong side of the line you will be without a place to hunt unless you write the check but then guess what? We wont have a deer problem because it will be us managing our lands and not the state!

If i think 10 does need to be takin and the sate only gives me 5 tags what do you think is going to happen?   Its a money world my friend and you either grab yourself some or sit back and watch everybody else grab it!

Right in this post is where YOU derailed it and sent it down the money rabbit hole. This has nothing to do with DMP's.  

Yeah, 8N is taking another jump. I'm beginning to wonder if permit numbers really mean anything anymore. It seems that even when they issue more, the herd size keeps going up. Could there be a saturation point where higher permit numbers do not equate to higher deer takes? That would be a scary thought.

the problem is us trophy bow hunters. we don't shoot doe and it's all our fault. so i'm told anyhow.

• Like 1

always a great option. I hunt a few spots where the drag is a breeze. I hunt some others where it's either a nightmare or a lot of work. It's a bitch comment, but honestly sometimes you decide not to because of the work, or the fact that you're going to disrupt an area, or even possibly shoot a doe that might have a buck on her trail if you wait. For archery, the other factor is cost of an arrow and broadhead. I know these are all crap excuses, but they're reasonable reasons why.

the problem is us trophy bow hunters. we don't shoot doe and it's all our fault. so i'm told anyhow.

I overheard a DEC biologist say exactly that just before the beginning of one of the "state of the herd" public meetings several years back. He was talking offline to a gun hunter (I assume) and didn't realize I was right behind him. The discussion they were having was about incorporating a muzzleloader season in the bow season. I wonder how widespread that attitude is across the department.

• Like 1

Right in this post is where YOU derailed it and sent it down the money rabbit hole. This has nothing to do with DMP's.  

Well lets see...I believe it says that...We will be managing or lands and not the state...Which is line with the conversation....So now please  try to cover for your brother and show where there was any post about me charging to hunt..Selling any deer or anything about farm deer...Good luck with that!!! 

Thats what has your goat about me. Its called envy! Deal with it!!!

I envy you about what?? LOL  I could give a crap about you.  I just laugh at your totally bizarre view of hunting.  Instead of thinking of ways of how to keep the sport accessible to all, you want to make it an exclusive club for only those who have the money.  Sorry Bud, NO envy about that.

Thats a nice speech and very true from our days gone by but thats just it..gone bye-bye. Such as the 55 cents pack of newports and 99 cent  six pack of genny lite beer from our days past. None of that is coming back. A person can still try and live that way themselves and live in the past but will be past by quickly. Everything in this world is changing and for the ones that dont see or believe where hunting is going has blinders on. In say 5 years when alot of this generation stops hunting and with no new hunters coming in it will be turned into a pay to play game!!  You have a choice on what end you want to be on.

Ha-ha.... Don't be so eager to throw the sport under the bus. It's obvious that you only see how hunting can make you a dollar, but there are still a lot of us who are in it to enjoy it for something other than a way to fill our pockets. If hunting evolves into the activity that you are hoping for, I suppose I will find something else to fill my days. After all when hunting loses it's identity, then it will not be the same activity that has been a huge part of my entire life. So at that point what really will have been lost?

• Like 2

Well lets see...I believe it says that...We will be managing or lands and not the state...Which is line with the conversation....So now please  try to cover for your brother and show where there was any post about me charging to hunt..Selling any deer or anything about farm deer...Good luck with that!!! 

Ok you are right, its always some one else's fault never you. So sorry

Have fun breaking the law this season like you always do. You are the best at everything especially being a 50 year old child.

I envy you about what?? LOL  I could give a crap about you.  I just laugh at your totally bizarre view of hunting.  Instead of thinking of ways of how to keep the sport accessible to all, you want to make it an exclusive club for only those who have the money.  Sorry Bud, NO envy about that.

Putting words in peoples mouths again huh???? Like i said.The smart person can see where the future of hunting is headed and ready for it...Hence i own land where as you will be cutting the check or playing with the pumpkins on state land fighting over them spikes.

You like to bring up them big bucks standing in knee deep alfalfa that i have every chance you get. Even when it has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.  That tells the whole story about you!!

Putting words in peoples mouths again huh???? Like i said.The smart person can see where the future of hunting is headed and ready for it...Hence i own land where as you will be cutting the check or playing with the pumpkins on state land fighting over them spikes.

You like to bring up them big bucks standing in knee deep alfalfa that i have every chance you get. Even when it has nothing to do with the conversation at hand.  That tells the whole story about you!!

I will take the higher road than you, and step out of this conversation with you.  Really no sense arguing with you, when you obviously know it all.  I will let others judge you for themselves.

Ok you are right, its always some one else's fault never you. So sorry

Have fun breaking the law this season like you always do. You are the best at everything especially being a 50 year old child.

Just shows you have been beat again.There is no fault you have just been beat with the facts again!  Seems you like to engage untill you get the facts and truths shoved in your face then you make some stupid comment like this.  Shows just what you dont know. 

I will take the higher road than you, and step out of this conversation with you.  Really no sense arguing with you, when you obviously know it all.  I will let others judge you for themselves.

Yes please do and take doe with ya. Facts are facts and you two cant handle when someone shows them to you!  Typical...

Ha-ha.... Don't be so eager to throw the sport under the bus. It's obvious that you only see how hunting can make you a dollar, but there are still a lot of us who are in it to enjoy it for something other than a way to fill our pockets. If hunting evolves into the activity that you are hoping for, I suppose I will find something else to fill my days. After all when hunting loses it's identity, then it will not be the same activity that has been a huge part of my entire life. So at that point what really will have been lost?

Again another guy that says its all about me making money because i have land. There is no hoping, i am saying what the facts are. If i decide to lease my land then so be it but that day will never come. The day will come that hunters will have two choices and you will have the states to thank for that.

I cant wait untill the day comes that you 3 say i am gong to make all this money off hunting. So far in taxes and such its cost me alot without any coming back. I will continue waiting for that ship to come in i guess!

I have never seen a guy that is so gleeful over the hardships that he is predicting will come for hunters. But I hate to spoil all your fun, but this world of hunting doom and gloom will not likely come in your lifetime. Yeah there are people leasing land already (has been for decades), but the majority of hunters are still not resorting to pay-to-hunt arrangements and most likely never will. Oh sure there will come a day when hunting will be like Europe and such places, but you and I will be long dead and gone when that time comes. So all your glee and giggling at the demise of hunting as it was previously enjoyed by real sportsmen is all a bit premature. I'm afraid that you are going to have to look elsewhere to get your jollies at the expense of others.....lol.