Got my bow back

WNYBuckHunter

I went over to the shop that has had my bow for 6 or 7 months to check how it was coming along and they gave me the same ol line "still waiting on parts from PSE". Well, they didnt know that I have been talking to PSE support and 2 of their local reps and found out that this shop has a reputation for being problematic with customers, and that they never made any warranty claim on my bow based on serial number. I called them on it and asked for my bow back. Its in pieces. Axle, clips, cam, string, cable, peep, kisser, etc all in a zip loc bag.  >;) Now I have to take the bow to another PSE shop (1/2 hr away in Churchville) and have everything sent there (PSE is covering the repair). Its too bad that PSE doesnt have better factory support out my way, Ive always liked their bows, but I dont want to drive 1/2hr one way to have my bow worked on. I guess Ill be making the switch to Hoyt when I get a new bow. They have a fantastic shop just around the corner from me.

Oh, and I will drop the shop's name that had the bad service. Maybe Ill save someone else aggravation.

The shop is Shooter's Supply in Bloomfield. This is the one thats a gun and archery shop in the big red barn looking building at the four corners in Bloomfield. F them, I hope they go out of business.

I have never been in that shop and ever found anything that I was after. They stock the store in a real goofy fashion, and really look like a half -hearted operation. Kind of like they really would rather not be in business. I finally got totally disgusted with them a few years back and haven't stopped there since. No point ...... they never had anything I needed anyway. I assume that they haven't improved any, and from the sounds of your story, apparently they haven't.

Doc

I have never been in that shop and ever found anything that I was after. They stock the store in a real goofy fashion, and really look like a half -hearted operation. Kind of like they really would rather not be in business. I finally got totally disgusted with them a few years back and haven't stopped there since. No point ...... they never had anything I needed anyway. I assume that they haven't improved any, and from the sounds of your story, apparently they haven't.

Doc

Its funny how they almost seem to not want to do business, isnt it? None of their phones work anymore either.

Ouch... My PSE brute is holding up, but only had it for just over a year now.  I love the bow...  A good archery shop is hard to find I guess, I read the reviews of a few local places, they seem to be all negative :)

Dont get me wrong, Im not slamming PSE. I have always had great luck with my PSE bows, its just that there is not good factory support nearby, and I shoot too much to be without my bow for going on 7 months now. Hopefully it takes a week or two at most once I get it over to the other shop. There is a Hoyt dealer down the road from me (the place with the nice 3D range) that is just a kick ass shop, so Ill go with Hoyt to get great factory backed service.

WNYB, I also live near shooter supply. I gave them one look and never went back. Got a bad vibe from the shop, the pro, and the whole nonprofessionalness(if thats a word) of the place.

What is the name of the Hoyt shop you mention? I don't shoot Hoyt but a good shop is hard to find.

I just took my bow into Heritage in Phelps for a tune up. I don't have the bow back yet but its only been two weeks. They have a nice looking shop, appears serious, and the owner lives next door. (hard to close up and run away like the shop in Bloomfield).

I had taken a bow that I purchased from a shop in Henrietta . I had the string and cable changed . I had my drop away (that I installed) fastened to the down cable and it worked fine . When the shop owner changed the string , he ran the drop rest cord through the cable slide . That didn't allow the rest to drop fast enoug so I bought some cord and put it back the way I originally had it . Sometimes the shop guys are too smart for their own good .

I received some strings and cable from TWIZTED STRINGS to go on my Pearson TX-4 . I took my bow to Trophy Taker's Shop on the Walworth - Ontario road . He did a real nice job and was quite reasonable in price . Dave was very personable and knows what he is doing . No need to drive 30 miles for a bow fix when I can go 6 miles and have it done properly .

Ill almost guarantee I know who you took your bow to in Henrietta. Hes usually good.

The Hoyt shop in Bloomfield is Bullzeye Archery, right behind the Carhart shop. Those guys are great, I swear by them. I have had them tune my bow and never had any issues. Their range is great and their prices are pretty damn good. Ill be sticking with them.