Best deal for NRA lifetime membership

mac

anyone buy the lifetime NRA membership lately ? they are offering it at a reduced price of $500 which can be paid in full or spread out over multiple years. It seems though you can get a current lifetime member to sponsor you for lower price. has anyone else checked this out ?

I, by no means, am trying to stir a pot with this question, I'm looking for actual information.

Aside from the obvious "we are defending your 2nd amendment" statement they usually make, what are the benefits? Also, what benefits do you most often use? 

My father (lifetime member for as long as I can remember) hasn't gotten the newsletter or magazine or whatever they send in years. Did they go green and only do e-newsletters or something because that would make sense as the man doesn't have an email address?

Also, I haven't seen much on combating the Safe Act lately. Have they been working hard on this for us NYers, or have they let it fizzle out?

I, by no means, am trying to stir a pot with this question, I'm looking for actual information.

Aside from the obvious "we are defending your 2nd amendment" statement they usually make, what are the benefits? Also, what benefits do you most often use? 

My father (lifetime member for as long as I can remember) hasn't gotten the newsletter or magazine or whatever they send in years. Did they go green and only do e-newsletters or something because that would make sense as the man doesn't have an email address?

Also, I haven't seen much on combating the Safe Act lately. Have they been working hard on this for us NYers, or have they let it fizzle out?

Defending your rights aside they contribute money to pro 2A candidates, money for shooting ranges, shooting programs, self defense and shooting education etc. If I was your father I'd contact them and see what's going on with the magazine situation. You have to remember that the NRA is a national organization and focuses most of it's political efforts in Washington. NYSRPA is the state level affiliate for the NRA and is responsible for fighting on the NY front specifically although I think Tom King is a douche. SCOPE is really a great  group though too.