Something you don't want to happen before the season!!!!!!!!!

biggamefish

That was the funny thing about it.  I had just started my practice for the night and my groups were great at 25 yards.  I was like this is my hunting bow for sure then snap.  

I picked the bow up at an auction 2 years ago and shot it occasionally.  This year I decided to give it a whirl for hunting.  At least it didn't happen when I was pulling it back on a deer!!

Wooly to your suprise I have a cross bow but it was my fathers from when he was younger.  It is super safe!!!!!  LOL  I don't have a problem with them but I don't think you will ever see me hunting or buying one.

Vince1 yes dry firing can cause this to happen.  In this case I think it was just an old bow and it looked like they used to for bow fishing. It you get moisture in a bow like this, it is only time before she gives up. 

Every year I hunt traditional I seem to get more into it.  It is really relaxing for me and just plan fun and that is what hunting to me should be.

I am going to my old stand by A Martin Vision 50 @ 28".  She is a proven bow with many successful hunts under her belt.

That sucks.  As a trad guy myself I just realized my recurve is really out of whack, with the bottom tiller larger than the top.  I don't need that blowing up in my face.  Had to buy a new recurve and now its practice practice practice to get comfortable with it before opening day.