Rocky Outback Boots

I have found that if I want a real good evaluation on any leather footwear is to wear them here on the farm doing chores, nothing like wet conditions, mud, urine and manure to put them to the test on how well they are made and their resistance to moisture, most do not last long. Rubber is probably the best solution but I absolutely hate wearing rubber boots when doing a lot of walking, for me they do not have the support or comfort of a good made pair of leather boots.

So late last summer my Redhead leather chore boots had been worn to the point of retirement, they started leaking bad and there was no repairing them. They actually worked out pretty well for me and I liked their comfort, was going to take a ride to Bass Pro to pick up some replacements but decided to use and wear a pair of Rocky Outbacks that I bought a few years ago that were sitting in my closet doing nothing other than being worn on a few early hunts. 

So after getting some severe abuse over the past 6 months I have to say these Outback have performed above and beyond the call of duty. The comfort is still there, their condition is very good considering and they keep my feet dry. Yesterday I was standing in water most of the time doing chores, when I got in the house and took the boots off my socks were totally dry.

Now all of my leather stuff gets treated with Obenauf's leather conditioner and water proofing and that includes these Outback Boots, that stuff keeps leather in optimum condition and waterproof. My Belts, Holsters, Knife Sheaths Jackets and boots get slathered with it. My old Wilson A2000 Baseball glove that is over 50 years old still is as good as new. I just redid the Outbacks and they are sitting beside my woodstove allowing the Obenauf's to warm and soak in good.

So I have to rate these Outbacks very high all around, with a little maintenance I am expecting them to last quite a while.

Al

2023-02-10_095515.png

2023-02-10_102837.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3