CZ Over Under Reviews?

Anyone here have any of the new models of a CZ over under 20 gauge? I was in gander mountain this weekend and was taking a look at one. Shouldered real nice and was in the market for a 20 gauge. Didn't want to make an impulse purchase without doing some research. Main purpose for this gun would be small game hunting, upland bird hunting and some trap and skeet practice.

BUY the 16 gauge, Ants...!! <<grin>>...I love 16 gauge guns...I have had a number over the years, but I only have one now, a Win Model 12.

I'm echoing Moog...Never owned a CZ shotgun, but  I have a CZ rifle and know several friends who have them...Excellent value, very well made and SCARY accurate.

If I handled a CZ O/U or S/S and liked the way it handled, I would not hesitate to buy it...

BUY the 16 gauge, Ants...!! <<grin>>...I love 16 gauge guns...I have had a number over the years, but I only have one now, a Win Model 12.

I'm echoing Moog...Never owned a CZ shotgun, but  I have a CZ rifle and know several friends who have them...Excellent value, very well made and SCARY accurate.

If I handled a CZ O/U or S/S and liked the way it handled, I would not hesitate to buy it...

Thanks Pygmy..... The second I shouldered it in the store I wanted to throw my wallet at them it felt really nice and the price tag didn't seem to unreasonable....Might just have to take a ride back to the store this weekend. Everything I have read said if your buying a gun from CZ after 2007 they have worked out all issues and build a quality firearm. Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah ..I didn't even know anyone even made a 16 anymore. That gun was a doll !! But I have other toys I want…LOL!!!

Edited by ants

I have a CZ 28 gauge SxS in the Ringneck model.  That's the one with the sideplates and color case hardened receiver that is sized for 28 gauge.  It's a fine SxS that handles very well on small game.  The wood is nothing fancy, but looks nice, and these guns are not blued on the barrels, rather sporting some type of black coating that also looks good and I assume protects better.

The gun has never given me any issues and I've never heard anyone else that owns one complain.  They are very well priced for what you get.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

CZ O/U & S/S shotguns are made by Huglu in Turkey. Huglu also makes the higher end DeHann that are identical mechanically.

http://www.dhshotguns.com/

The Huglu guns are ecellent quality. Much much better than the Kaun Turkish guns.

I had a DeHann OE-2  O/U 20 ga. with ejectors & the S-2 S/S in 28 ga.

Very good quality for the $$$.

Edited by wildcat junkie