New food plots logged and cleared! Pics!

Ok Plot 1 is cleared, plot 2 clearing should be finished by tomorrow.    What ya think?? I'm psyched!  Now how to disk it, lime, fert and seed?  :P

Field 1 cleared:

[smg id=123]

[smg id=122]

[smg id=121]

[smg id=119]

Trail cut from plot 1 to plot 2

[smg id=129]

Plot 2:

[smg id=132]

[smg id=131]

[smg id=130]

[smg id=115]

In the mornings you need to walk in really stealthy so you dont push the deer to me before sunrise 8) .  Reguardless of the crap I'm talking you guys are going to be rewarded when the time comes.  Beautiful piece of property!

Good luck with your plot. make sure you use roundup pro and kill any new growth. #1 make sure you get a soil sample. #2 make sure you add the proper amount of lime and fertilizer.

I'm working on one in the back fourty. Last fall I cut down the trees and brush hogged. This past spring I turned it over, disked it, limed it the fertilized it. I will be planting in 2-4 weeks. The photo was taken last fall.

landowner

post-336-131455295632_thumb.jpg

We found a local place that will deliver and spread the lime, since it looks like we will need 1.5 tons /acre for a total of 3 tons.  No way we could do that ourselves w/o equipment :)  Good news is, the place is so close they will drive it over on their tractor and drop it on the plot!  Its about a 3 miles away... I'm psyched!