Remington Plant Closure

hueyjazz

8 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I started doing that a while back. It has cost me friends because I'm sick and tired of people voting to take my Constitutional Rights away while they are OK with murderers going free because of bail reform. When they expect me to be OK with the bad guys having more rights than I do, they can kick rocks.

Well yeah......we all learn what people we can talk politics to and which ones we can't......lol. It's just like here on the forum. Some people you can have calm political discussions with, and some go completely berserk during a political discussion. Use discretion depending on whether you value their friendship or not.

Watching the evening local evening news reporting on all of the hoopla about Micron setting up shop here in central NY. I think it is a great thing that all branches of County, State and Federal government get behind the project. They are falling over themselves doing everything possible to make sure it happens from acquiring land, tax breaks, building infrastructure for water and electric, housing and even career courses specializing chip technology to insure a top rate workforce.

Now would it not have been great to see the same amount of effort put into one of the icons and one of the biggest firearms manufacturers already here in central NY. Like their model for making Micron "THE" leading chip manufacturer in the world and doing the same for Remington who already has a great head start here.

Anyone with a half a brain knows the answer!

Al

3 hours ago, airedale said:

Watching the evening local evening news reporting on all of the hoopla about Micron setting up shop here in central NY. I think it is a great thing that all branches of County, State and Federal government get behind the project. They are falling over themselves doing everything possible to make sure it happens from acquiring land, tax breaks, building infrastructure for water and electric, housing and even career courses specializing chip technology to insure a top rate workforce.

Now would it not have been great to see the same amount of effort put into one of the icons and one of the biggest firearms manufacturers already here in central NY. Like their model for making Micron "THE" leading chip manufacturer in the world and doing the same for Remington who already has a great head start here.

Anyone with a half a brain knows the answer!

Al

But Micron does not make guns. That is what determines the effort put into attracting business. NYS has specific biases on what kinds of companies they want to attract and hold. Guns?.........Not a politically correct product and must be driven out.

Interestingly, the area that Remington resided in and the surrounding area were and are big 2nd amendment supporters, as is most of upstate. It's another  case of downstate and Albany liberal politicos subjecting us to their views. And we are powerless to prevent them.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Farflung said:

Interestingly, the area that Remington resided in and the surrounding area were and are big 2nd amendment supporters, as is most of upstate. It's another  case of downstate and Albany liberal politicos subjecting us to their views. And we are powerless to prevent them.

No, we are not "powerless", just apathetic. We cannot get our people to the polls. If we were ever able to unleash the majority that I am convinced that we have, this country would have a re-birth in a lot more areas than just gun issues.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No, we are not "powerless", just apathetic. We cannot get our people to the polls.

I have seen posts right on this board by a member basically saying because this is such a heavy Democrat leaning state it was a waste of his time to vote because he felt it would make no difference, the worst of the worst in my opinion, spineless!!

Al

• Like 1

15 hours ago, airedale said:

I have seen posts right on this board by a member basically saying because this is such a heavy Democrat leaning state it was a waste of his time to vote because he felt it would make no difference, the worst of the worst in my opinion, spineless!!

Al

That is the excuse I hear all the time from those that are just plain too lazy to vote. They have conjured up this stupid self-fulfilling excuse simply to keep politics from interrupting their lives. And yes, they are the reason why NYS is in the mess that we are in. It never seems to keep them from whining about the state of the state though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Micron plant is a perfect example of political BS.  I was in a position where my business provides a vital component to chip fabrication facilities, so I do know something about them.  They're very highly automated and will require very few people to run once constructed. 

The only real bump in employment will be to build them.  But even then, some of this construction will be from outside sources familiar with chip fabrication facilities.   Which presently, are mostly located in Pacific Rim and a lot of the equipment inside of them will be from Japan.  Labor isn't a huge component of cost for chip manufacturing.

But I'm sure these facts are way above our Governor's head, and these would be ignored anyway since we want to spin a positive narrative.

• Like 2