Where is all the sign????????????????

ididnotvoteforobama

Out in 7M this morning(10-23-14), I saw early indications in an active scrape that it was recently visited, but still had alot of leaves in it, the buck may have been there before I got in, or its from yesterday....I'm learning this new spot of mine may be an evening active area.

Hopefully next week things start to really heat up.

Seen a few scrapes and rubs,however i walk mostly field edges to my stands that are 10 to 30 yards in the woods or thickets. I don't do any other walking around where I hunt,so my exposure to those things are limited ,I have however seen more deer in the early season then most years. 8 sits 8 times having deer come through ,about a 4 or 5 average.

That's a good sign !

Yesterday was my first day out in a week and I spotted 4 new scrapes. One was all torn up. About 4' wide. 2 are on a trail about 20yds from my stand. Yesterday and this morning I watched smaller bucks sniff around one of them.

They are there. You're just not seeing them.

Edited by ants

Hung probably one of my best sets the other day in a thicket right before the rain came down. I almost have to crawl to get in, almost lol. But it's nice in there series of runs with a little water feature in between cut corn and standing still. I did a mock scrape with a picking branch so we will see. Sign is still not picking up. But the home owner I have an easement through his driveway to get to this farm said be saw a giant crossing the field the other night. Said he can see his huge rack at 3-400 yards without the binos at first.

Think the standing corn has a lot of deer sticking in there

• Like 1

I too hung a stand in my thicket today. Scrapes all over just everywhere,good sized prints a few rubs .between the nearby goose hunters and farmers cutting beans along thicket ,I was quietest thing in the woods .

Clouding up nice,a good rain to cleanse the spot would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1