Good off-shore fishing in Western New York

Doc

Anybody recommend some good spots in Western New York that are good for off-shore fishing. Any variety of fish, and hopefully water that you can eat the fish that you catch. The places that we usually fish are all weeded up this time of year.......Duckweed and slime.

3 hours ago, Daveboone said:

Sorry, I am confused...Off shore usually refers to ocean fishing...Western NY has Ontario and Erie, close but no cigar...whacha mean?

i'm guessing he meant 'from shore'.

• Like 1

Sorry, I meant on-shore or from-shore. The deal is that I do not have access to any boats and so I am a shore line fisherman only these days. But this time of year it gets tough finding access to  open, fishable waters.

Posted (edited)

Fishing is getting a lot like hunting when it comes to shore fishing, many of the places I fished are now all posted, there are plenty of public places but you sometimes have to contend with crowed conditions. I bit the bullet and picked up a used boat which opened a myriad of options and I plan on doing a little more fishing this summer especially for Bass.

Al

Edited by airedale

I have been thinking about exploring the fishing in the canal. Are the fish safe to eat out of the canal? There are various public parks and pull-overs available that I would like to try, but I have heard stories about dangerous pollution p[roblems in some of the fish.