Why People Hate Hunters

Curmudgeon

I saw a guy pumping gas in his camo during archery season with a bloody deer strapped to the hood of his car with the body cavity propped open for all to see, slob archery hunter..........fast forward to this weekend, same scenario, slob gun hunter........the average person doesn't distinguish between the two, and neither should we.

No issue pumping gas after the kill. And for the final time I'll state that no group is perfect, but per capita there is a difference. And again, which group shoots more hunters?

No issue pumping gas after the kill. And for the final time I'll state that no group is perfect, but per capita there is a difference. And again, which group shoots more hunters?

gun hunters shoot more.......and from what I hear they have a much higher recovery rate as well.

• Like 1

Bull. Your sentiment was plain as day when you said "gun hunters....."

Im not defending "slob hunters", Im defending hunters. If someone wants to smoke cigs, pump gas and go out hunting one weekend per season and follows all of the regs, and is safe with what hes doing, then I have no problem with that person.

Maybe you should get off your high horse and stop bashing people that dont hunt the way you do.

But every year we try to make hunting easier. That's my high horse. It's not supposed to be easy. And because the gas pumper smells like he does he sees less deer and shoots at running deer off in the distance. Gives us all a bad name. We can continue to turn a blind eye to these kind of hunters, and see where we end up or we can speak up against it.

I've encountered 3 trespassers in my time on my private land. All gun hunters, all smoking and "stalking". It's left a bad taste in my mouth.

I love how this guy generalizes then tries to back away when called on it.  Says gun hunters then says I never said non-bowhunters are bad.  Umm you sure inferred it.  then call them a sub culture too.  Things bad at home buddy?  You sure seem to be in a mood to argue more than usual.  BTW you can edit before you post.  Makes you look less like trying to change what you said

• Like 1

do you honestly think the average non / anti hunter sees someone dressed in hunting clothing, pumping gas, smoking or eating in a smelly diner, and bases their distaste for hunters on that? of course not. Those are reasons that other hunters who think the way they go about hunting is superior to all other ways of doing it.....we need two threads..."why people hate hunters" and "why hunters hate hunters".

• Like 2

I love how this guy generalizes then tries to back away when called on it. Says gun hunters then says I never said non-bowhunters are bad. Umm you sure inferred it. then call them a sub culture too. Things bad at home buddy? You sure seem to be in a mood to argue more than usual. BTW you can edit before you post. Makes you look less like trying to change what you said

Try doing it on an iPhone... What was your contribution to the topic?

I stand by my statement regarding gun hunters, their subculture and how they're bad for the sport.

Nothing like putting one's self on a pedestal to look down on the self perceived riff raff. Charging most of your own community with unethical behavior has a real danger of coming back to bite you in your own behind.

Self perceived? Did you read the article? And please, by all means explain how I'm getting bit in the behind.

I stand by my statement regarding gun hunters, their subculture and how they're bad for the sport.

Wow.  We should all be awed by your presence here.  The great unwashed should bow down to our better half.

Dude, you're an animal killer!  They hate you too!  Wake up!

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

hey wait a minute, didn't you post a picture of yourself on here with a gun kill? nothing worse than a reformed gun hunter...........have you completed the 12 steps yet?

Bull. Your sentiment was plain as day when you said "gun hunters....."

Im not defending "slob hunters", Im defending hunters. If someone wants to smoke cigs, pump gas and go out hunting one weekend per season and follows all of the regs, and is safe with what hes doing, then I have no problem with that person.

Maybe you should get off your high horse and stop bashing people that dont hunt the way you do.

Do you mean the same way you feel about high fence hunters?

• Like 1

ok one place you say you are not saying gun hunters are bad and in the next you say they are bad and a sub culture.  Which one do you want to stand by?  Thanks for proving what I said the more you type the more it becomes evident that you just like to argue even when you argue both sides make no sense.  BTW you can edit on an i phone.  

• Like 1

I said not ALL.

Listen I have my opinions. They may not be popular but I'm not alone. I'm not going to back down with how I feel or why. You should all know that about me by now. Not here to be everyone's buddy, but to talk hunting. You don't have to like me. I don't break the rules and I'm not going anywhere so if you don't like me you can block me.

hey wait a minute, didn't you post a picture of yourself on here with a gun kill? nothing worse than a reformed gun hunter...........have you completed the 12 steps yet?

You know I'm a bow hunter at heart. I also gun hunt. Several times now I've mentioned that there is a difference between gun only hunters and those who hunt with both and per capita the gun only Hunter has a greater track record of incidents like that mentioned in the news article... Which we all seem to have ignored and decided to bash me and defend him.

No you are entertaining on  some levels. It is funny to watch you make a fool of yourself over and over  It would be better if your opinion did not change with every other post.  It would make it seem as if you meant it. 

Edited by bubba
  • Like 2

But every year we try to make hunting easier. That's my high horse. It's not supposed to be easy. And because the gas pumper smells like he does he sees less deer and shoots at running deer off in the distance. Gives us all a bad name. We can continue to turn a blind eye to these kind of hunters, and see where we end up or we can speak up against it.

I've encountered 3 trespassers in my time on my private land. All gun hunters, all smoking and "stalking". It's left a bad taste in my mouth.

No, your high horse is if someone doesnt hunt like you, they are less of a hunter, or a slob. Because someone smells like gas or sees less deer gives "us" a bad name? Really? Ever hear of playing the wind? You could smell like a sewer and kill a deer if you play the wind. Also, you are saying that anyone that sees less deer or sees running deer off in the distance takes pot shots at them? Laughable.

Try to spin it however you want, you said what you said. You keep proving me right on it with every reply.

OMG! People hate hunters, never going away. How did this turn into just an extension of other threads?

I was told I was worthless last summer, just because I had a pair of camo bdu pants on and a Realtree TShirt.

I was coming back form a weekend atv riding/scouting/camping trip. I stopped at the Stewarts on the corner of 29 and 147. Some jackass has something to say. Just because I had camo on. I laughed at him, got my coffee and came home.

I just said this in another thread, stupidity is a plague. It infects everyone.

Belo - When was the last time you killed a buck with archery equipment from the ground, as opposed to hiding in a tree stand?

How do you feel about the bowhunters out west who could give 2 craps about scent control, because everything is spot and stalk based on wind?

Belo - When was the last time you killed a buck with archery equipment from the ground, as opposed to hiding in a tree stand?

How do you feel about the bowhunters out west who could give 2 craps about scent control, because everything is spot and stalk based on wind?

I'm sorry, I thought this was a NY hunting forum... Out west does not apply. Every 130+ class buck killed in 7J on my families land has had the wind in his face or crosswind. Until all the trees disappear and we start hunting mulies and elk on NY then I really don't care about hunting deer out west.