Price per acre

Fishon

I lease 2 places in Oswego county and they range for 250 for 75 acres(1/2 crops,1/2 woods) and 800 for 95 acres(1/3 overgrown grass fields,2/3 woods small swamp.For 400 I would find a few friends and go in on it.Start at 1000 and go up from there.I would also try and get a price from them first.

• Like 1

Deer hunting is most all of Oswego County certainly isnt "real good". Its okay but not great by any means. Not a whole lot of doe permits available either. Some of the farmers around me here in Oswego County are leasing at 500 for every 100 acres and 500 being a minimum even if its 40 acres.

• Like 1

$6 an acre is usually fair.. with bigger pieces like 400 acres or more you might want to get some friends to share the lease with to cut down the cost. fair is also what you and the land owner can agree on.. dickering is ok.

Edited by nyantler

Depends on if its northern or southern zone. There are more ag fields and better hunting in the western (southern zone) part of oswego county. Dont get me wrong there is plenty of good hunting in the northern zone portion of it as well. It's more big woods hunting than anything though. Don't forget you'll most likely need to purchase insurance if you plan on having more than yourself there.