My Membership in SCOPE Payed Off

Message from S.C.O.P.E.

Together we changed the balance of power in Albany with the results below:

REPUBLICAN 32

DEMOCRAT 24

DEM CONF/W REP 1

IND DEMOCRAT 5

DEM. NOT IN CONF. 1

This was groundbreaking for our state and although the Republicans re-took the Senate we have a long hard fight ahead of us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my membership in S.C.O.P.E. was worth the few bucks. I got my money's worth. Of course SCOPE didn't do it all by themselves, but I do feel that all the rallies, mailings, voter awareness activities and other activities that they carried out definitely had an impact.

Those that have doubts about gun advocacy groups might want to think about joining and adding their number to the gun advocates.

I know everybody was disappointed that we didn't knock off the main culprit, but NYC is a formidable political force when you are looking at a governorship or a federal campaign. However, the state senators and assemblymen are relatively local elections that NYC isn't involved with and that where the gun advocacy organizations had their impact ..... and it payed off. Forget NYC. When they have a say in any campaign, the pinkos win everytime. But regional elections have regional control.

In my area, I am very happy  My county legislature went from a 9-6 dem control to a 10-5 republican control.  we also sent a republican to washington and sent a safe act yes voting cuomo loving assemblywoman packing.  I am very happy with our local results.  However all I am saying is up here in the North we saw no one from scope, nysrpa or the nra  and we seemed to get it done locally by getting the word out ourselves.  Law My glass is 3/4 full.  and in a lot of local areas it was the same.  Just saying do not give a lot of credit where it is not due.  Your 25 dollar membership meant very litle to them or the election. 

Edited by bubba

The lowest total voter turnout in a governor election since 1930.  Seems to me scope did not get the word out enough.  500,000 between the city dweller and someone who wanted to stand up.  That was an easy number to overcome if people got out to vote, which was scopes message. 

Perhaps it depends on the quality of your local SCOPE representatives, but I will say that our guy was on the ball and sending out advisories and notifications and e-mail at every major part of the election process right from registrations to primaries and candidate selections on through the eventual election, and now the follow-up. In fact it was almost getting to be aggravating to be hand-held to that extent. The end result is that we ditched the incumbent state senator and maintained our pro-gun state assemblyman. And I'll bet if local gubernatorial results could be separated out, I would fully expect that our area was a landslide for Astorino. So from my perspective, I couldn't ask for better results, and our SCOPE reps were not sitting on their hands. Perhaps that wasn't the case everywhere.

Does anyone know if the NRA threw in any major money or effort specifically to fight against Cuomo this election? Or did they feel it was a forgone conclusion b/c of NYC? I saw no evidence of them in the fight. 

The NRA threw token financial support to Astorino. I don't remember the number but I think they only gave him 5 grand and then ran anti Cuomo ads the week prior to the election to the sum of 100 grand. Everything I have read had their focus on the national scene and the races to take the Senate back.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club