Tent Camp Deer Camp Food Question

DirtTime

Hot sauce, it's makes almost everything edible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always have at least two bottles of mild hot sauce when camping. I keep it tame though, Tabasco regular and habanero. Been told too many times I make some food way too hot. Anyone wanting hotter is welcome to bring it. I don't use Dave's or any of the stuff with crossbones, and if I sign a release form when I buy it, I leave it home. LOL 

:blink:

A lot is going to depend upon how much you want to pack in. If you have room I'd recommend one of those mini single burner stoves that sits on top of a one pound propane tank, with a base of course. A small perculator bunch of coffee, some canned fruit salad, you can put it in Ziploc bags doubled up. Bunch of sliced ham is always good and it keeps a while. You can pick up deli meats and do the same thing with the Ziploc bags, just considering conserving packing space. Maybe even some kielbasa or bratwurst.

Coleman 2 burner stove. No peculator, instant coffee.

First trip is decided.

BF will be oatmeal.

Lunch will be ham and swiss on rye.

Dinner will be: set up night chili. Night 2 will be chicken and rice with veggies. Night 3 will be beef stew. I will make it all up in advance and just reheat it.

Only alteration will be killing a deer. Then we will alter the menu.

Lots of water will be available. Snacks will be what people bring, hot sauce will be at the ready. Booze will be what each brings.

Spring turkey will be a bit different. Only hunting till noon will allow a better menu. Will just be two of us, my buddy and myself so far. So chicken legs night 1, pork chops night 2, and steak night 3. BF and lunch will be on the individual. 

Edited by JustRob

Usually it will depend on how far in I will be... and how much I am able to carry in with me... short trips allow for a better menu, while longer, deeper trips are probably going to be dried foods. What the food is sometimes doesn't matter as much as just having something to stuff in my mouth... after a long day of hunting I can be so hungry that I'd eat the ass of a Rhino!! Fortunately that meal doesn't come in the dried food packages :)