My new router

Deerthug

'splain that to me...........Does that just increase the distance you can get your wireless signal? Would that replace the POS Verizon DSL unit I have? Easy to install and set up? How much cheddar?

No this is a router that connects to a cable modem to which you can wirelessly connect devices like laptops, ipads, etc. the signal is amazingly stronger than your average router. 2400mbps.

Ran me $270 and took 10 mins to setup.

Edited by Deerthug

You can't use it to replace the old router? Never heard of that. Usually you can just plug the cable on the back of the new router, set up the network ( if you choose to actually network it all ), and then connect the wireless devices. Some of them have to be set up via your provider, but usually you can just replace the old one.

You aren't gaining speed going through the old router into a ew one and out again. Actually, you should loose speed. Did you run a PC test via Command Promp to see if it really gained speed?

I swear, I am not making this into "one of those threads". I am asking because I have never heard of anyone using more them one base router.