for those who hunt after hours, it can happen

bubba

as usual you want to turn this into a pi^&%ng match.  If you think 3 bucks will do it, good luck with that.  I never said track offenses, I said to track the points.  How would fine revenue increase by adding points to already occurring offenses?  Again talking about it here and trying to do something about it are two different things. With my past experience, I think I do know a little more about this than you do.  I know exactly how to find out of a person has a previous offense.  that is quite different that tracking points.  I would have to contact DMV to get that information, not look  up someones criminal records.  They are tww entirely different data bases. 

there's no pissing match. It's an open discussion and a suggestion. Geez, why does everything have to be a fight with you?

correct.  when I resigned my post, my access was closed out.  When I run again this fall and win, I will have access again.  When I was a justice all it took was a look up on a computer database to see what background someone who was to come in front of me had.  I had to look up on one place for prior criminal history and another entire place for dmv violations and any points.  That being said if I were to be caught looking up anyone who was not to come before me, I could have been charged myself.

I see.  Good thing as I was hoping you weren't going to misuse the system for your personal use.  I know you'd never do that..........

How long were you a JP? 

That system as far as the JP goes is very closely monitored.  Big Brother knows when you log in and what you access when in there.  I had no reason to look anyone up that I was not going to be seeing in court.  I was in for almost 9 years.  I resigned because of the safe act and my strong feelings about the law.  I felt I could not be publically  standing up against it and be presiding over cases where it could come into play. I would not convict anyone who was accused of a violation, which made me biased, and unfair.  So I resigned. I also quit well actually retired from a great state job as I did not want to be associated with the mental health system any longer due to the safe act.  This last November no one ran to fill my spot. In my township we have two jp's and now one is handling it all.  I have been asked to reconsider and be appointed now until November and run again.  I am considering it, but still on the fence.  I feel the same about the safe act and the laws associated with it, so  I am not sure.  I will say that any DEC violations that came in front of me, I was very hard on them as I feel as strongly about that.  I know every jp has their biases and hit some aspects harder than others, but I was saying in public no one would eb convicted in front of me unless it was a jury trial. 

That system as far as the JP goes is very closely monitored.  Big Brother knows when you log in and what you access when in there.  I had no reason to look anyone up that I was not going to be seeing in court.  I was in for almost 9 years.  I resigned because of the safe act and my strong feelings about the law.  I felt I could not be publically  standing up against it and be presiding over cases where it could come into play. I would not convict anyone who was accused of a violation, which made me biased, and unfair.  So I resigned. I also quit well actually retired from a great state job as I did not want to be associated with the mental health system any longer due to the safe act.  This last November no one ran to fill my spot. In my township we have two jp's and now one is handling it all.  I have been asked to reconsider and be appointed now until November and run again.  I am considering it, but still on the fence.  I feel the same about the safe act and the laws associated with it, so  I am not sure.  I will say that any DEC violations that came in front of me, I was very hard on them as I feel as strongly about that.  I know every jp has their biases and hit some aspects harder than others, but I was saying in public no one would eb convicted in front of me unless it was a jury trial. 

I say if you enjoyed it then go back and do it. You have heard cops say they will not enforce it so you should be able to do the same. You will just have to bite your lip and do a fair job for all involved.

I say if you enjoyed it then go back and do it. You have heard cops say they will not enforce it so you should be able to do the same. You will just have to bite your lip and do a fair job for all involved.

Buba did the right thing. A cop is not a judge and jury. They arrest and you're innocent until a judge determines otherwise. Bubba's position does not allow for that level of freedom. His cases are logged and documented and can establish precedent.

First, people never cease to amaze me as I go through this thread. 

If you're convicted of any violation or above in NY your name is a matter of public record UNLESS sealed by the judge. Those records are accessible for various levels of law enforcement.  A conditional discharge is a conviction. A dismissal is not a conviction. 

Law enforcement officers need to be very careful about who and what they query in the system. My ONLY remedy against my deputy neighbor is my complaint that he's queried me, my family and any hunting friends without cause and he's paying the price. 

I'd also like to point out sometimes you're given a ticket you should not have been. Fight it, my buddy did, and it was dismissed outright because his story matched the deposition of the DEC officer and that try as he may, he could find no other violations in our party. 

To me there's a big difference in hunting violations:

improperly tagged

timing (close to sunset / sunrise)

loaded gun leaning on tailgate, ATV

tracking clearly mortally wounded animal on posted property 

Shooting on another's 

Too many shells/ wrong implement 

unlicensed

untagged

from/ across road/ within 500 feet

in vehicle

well after hours/ lights

out of season

These are my opinions and what I don't do is sit in judgement of others. I don't like to be around bandits during hunting season, they bring problems for everyone in the party. 

That's it boys and girls.... 

• Like 3