last chance

bubba

In my area 6c and 6a, this is the late muzzleloading weekend coming up.  I have the next 4 days off.  Going to camp friday.  I have two tags of mine and a dmp of my buddies.  Weather is supposed to be in the 30s. I drove up there today.  There is 2 feet of snow in the end of the road where it was plowed. After that, there is maybe 4 or 5 inches.  I am going to take my new T/C impact for the weekend.  For me it has been a good season.  Good luck to all. 

I passed on a big rack saturday afternoon.  It was 4:20 or so.  he walked out into the food plot filled with turnips. He was under a tall box stand, which I chos enot to get in as I wanted to see both food plots.  Anyway he was about 240 yards away.  I attempted to put on a stalk, but the warm snow was very crunchy. I got to 200 yards and watched. I watched until dark. That is firther than I would want to try a good shot with a muzzleloader.  It was awesome to see.  A nice 10 point.  But hae hs 6 on one side, 4 the other.  I moved out to go back today. Well in the night the freezing rain/sleet started and there was a good coat of ice on everything.  So, I decided to pack up and come home as it was changing to snow, and I wanted to get out of camp.  I will do soem shd scouting after season to see where he hangs. I feel good about turning down an iffy shot.  Oh well, it has been a great season.  I was invited to go south next weekend, but I am going to get the house ready for the holidays.  2 deer on the ground and one I passed.  Makes for good times.  There was all kinds of activity all around the food plots. We had fresh snow wednesday and it looked like it had been there for months with all the activity.  Ht the food sources now if you want o see deer.