Plot Begins

Zag

Well wife and I made some chili last night for lunch today. We got a bunch of wood out again today, a few more piles are gone. I keep thinking about the johnny cash song I got it one piece at a time while I'm throwing wood.

KIMG0939.jpg

A job  well done...I just got back from the wood lot...starting to see some progress 100x300 ft. looking good. Just thinking of end results as I work...First will be great turkey hunting from Rivers blind. It was to tangled a mess be for to walk through let alone scratch and pick...Opening up the canopy will eventually provide great roosting  for them . Especially in the oak as they spread. Buggy and eating clover and chicory in the lane way.. then walking through the brush pile openings I have every 20 yrds. To scratch leaf  litter and eat acorns . With the fence blocking  the wind....can't wait to see how yours turns out. You've put a lot of work into it.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Well with all that open space we cleared my dad decided he wanted a pond, so my clearing will now be home to new pond. So now I have to find out what it will cost me to have him clear more so I can still have my food plot, I'll post more pics as the dig.

KIMG1173.jpg

KIMG1174.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, growalot said:

Who did it zag and how was you clay base? Consider you bank planting a plot...a low clover..Dutch white

Future Forrest, clay base is good, they have a few more things to iron out and then we're planting, oats, rye and clover.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

How do you plan on getting that pond filled? is rain water going to be enough, and will it hold? Sorry if these questions were already asked. Looks awesome. 

Thanks, it will just about be all from rain/snow, he hit a couple little springs but just a small amount was coming out. Its also positioned on a slope so it will benefit from run off. This soil is near perfect for a pond and can't wait to watch this fill. I'll keep posting the progress.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Well this is the last post for this thread. It's come along ways since the spring and it's nice seeing green all around it. The turkeys are loving it, constant turkey feathers throughout. Pond loaded with minnows and will stock next spring!

KIMG0225.JPG

KIMG0224.JPG

• Like 2