Insufficient scope adjustment..Suggestions ?

Pygmy

FYI, while your waiting for better temps. check out you tube video by Frank Burgin "Correct way to mount a scope"  your problem solve may be as easy as turning the scope ring mounts around or setting the scope rings properly  .

:rofl:

Almost 48 MOA error that can't be affected by adjustments sure doesn't sound like mismatched ring mounts to me either!

Edited by wildcat junkie

• 3 months later...

Well, I finally got around to shooting Lyle's Browning.

I set up a target at 25 yards and by trial and error with the rear base adjustment, I got close to center.

Then I moved the target out to 100 and fine tuned the zero using the internal adjustments in the scope. It is VERY sensitive, and moves farther than it should per click, so I moved back and forth over the bull a couple times ! The post/crosshair recticule is also somewhat of a challenge for precision shooting, but I finally got it tuned in.

My last 3 shot group measured just over an inch using Remington 150 grain Coreloct factory loads..The group was centered 2 inches above POA, so that should put him "minute of deer chest" with a center ribcage hold out to 250 yards or a tad further.

I'm returning the rifle to Lyle today along with the target and 16 empty casings.

All in all, it is a pleasant rifle to shoot. Perhaps Lyle will decide to sell it to me cheap <not LIKELY tho..hehehe>... Of course the first thing I would is replace the rings and bases, take off that old 3x9 Redfield and slap one of my 4X Leupolds on it...< GRIN>.....