Some Bucks...

sampotter

Sampotter, buddy, pal I always liked your post buddy!  Ok now that we are great friends, let me know when I can come hunt with you, lol.  OK on a serious note, do you have any idea on the age of these deer.  The one early on the video looks fairly young but what a rack wow!  The problem I have with camera's is if I find something like these deer on them I would probably never leave the woods, lol.  WoW some real beauties Sam, good luck with them next year!

To see a buck with more than 8 points or that scores much over 140 is pretty rare.

Are you talking about CT?   I lived there for a couple years(NW corner) ~ 24 years ago and there were deer everywhere.

Couldn't keep them out of the garden with a stick .lol.

I didn't deer hunt at the time so I didn't pay any attention to bucks , but they were around. Practically 0 hunting pressure, due to most of the population being many up of  ritzy city people living the "country life"  ;). Still have family in the area , and was thinking of giving it a try. Esp. If I am going to be limited to 1 buck!   ;)

Are you talking about CT?   I lived there for a couple years(NW corner) ~ 24 years ago and there were deer everywhere.

Couldn't keep them out of the garden with a stick .lol.

I didn't deer hunt at the time so I didn't pay any attention to bucks , but they were around. Practically 0 hunting pressure, due to most of the population being many up of  ritzy city people living the "country life"  ;). Still have family in the area , and was thinking of giving it a try. Esp. If I am going to be limited to 1 buck!   ;)

You can shoot a ridiculous # of bucks in CT if you buy/qualify for all of the various tags....

Not too far away . My family is from the Falls Village/Salisbury area. Worked out of Canaan.  Ever hunt On Robbins swamp or Norfolk mt? There is a bunch of small public bowhunting only areas around ( mostly flood control spots , dikes/dams,etc..) May try them if my private spots are being hunted.

Not too far away . My family is from the Falls Village/Salisbury area. Worked out of Canaan.  Ever hunt On Robbins swamp or Norfolk mt? There is a bunch of small public bowhunting only areas around ( mostly flood control spots , dikes/dams,etc..) May try them if my private spots are being hunted.

No, I never needed to hunt public land much. I do know the hunter density isn't even close to what it  is in NY though.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the camera set less than 200 yards from a road where I could access it easily without bumping deer when checking it. I was a little surprised to not see more daylight activity though- it is over the crest of a hill, so the actual spot can't be seen from the road. I actually think a lot of the bucks were cruisers. There's only a couple of them that showed up more than once.

to have those kind of bucks cruising from neighboring properties is an awesome thing.  must not be hunted hard or they're passing up young bucks.