Brooklyn Hunter

Booey

Hello -

I received my Hunting license during the summer. I live in Brooklyn, NY and do not know anyone who hunts or is remotely interested in hunting. I am looking for good outfitters either here in NY or in NJ. Def want to do Spring turkey but that'll have to be most likely in Jersey as from what I've researched Spring Turkey in NYS is about a 5.5 hr drive from where I am.  :nono:

Well, if anyone has good Jersey outfitter options, let me know!

Look fwd to combing through the site. 

-Booey

Edited by Booey

Hey Booey! Welcome!

With a little research you'll find good turkey hunting right in Duchess and Columbia counties many part of which are just about 2 hours from the city. And while season dates are different and usually shorter, the regulations tedious, nearby Suffolk has good hunting.

I thank you should be asking about ranges first (to practice and be lethal) than places to hunt.

Shoot well at the range and you'll be surprised how helpful people will be.

Yes. I've been at the range since October. Unfortunately there is only 1 range in NYC and the people there are not hunters. They are either policemen practicing or shooting enthusiasts. 

Edited by Booey

Go to the Blue Mountain Sportsman Center in Westchester. You can shoot skeet there. The range in NYC isn't going to help you much with turkey shooting. There's also Calverton out in Long Island where you can also practice with the shotgun but you need a buddy to toss the skeets for you. Pretty much all indoor ranges won't allow you to use a shotgun unless you're shooting slugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best/least expensive place to shoot skeet near the city is in Ringwood New Jersey. Thunder mountain

P.m. me I have a few friends that live in the city and hunt

Hey thanks - I actually was looking to where to shoot skeet, I'll def look into this. Appreciate the tip.

-Natalie

Go to the Blue Mountain Sportsman Center in Westchester. You can shoot skeet there. The range in NYC isn't going to help you much with turkey shooting. There's also Calverton out in Long Island where you can also practice with the shotgun but you need a buddy to toss the skeets for you. Pretty much all indoor ranges won't allow you to use a shotgun unless you're shooting slugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll look into this Westchester location as well. I was starting to research where to shoot skeet. Thanks everyone. And you're right, shooting range is not the best for waterfowl/turkey hunting practice. 

-Natalie