congrats to to the New York Rangers!

First-light

Not a hockey fan here, but having the best record during a hockey season and maybe $4 might buy me a hotdog and that's about it.  What good is the best record when 18 out of the 30 teams make the playoffs?  I guess the real season starts now, anything prior to now was sort of a long winter training.  The 6 month season is officially over and now starts almost 3 months of playoffs!  So funny!  LOL

It isn't pissing on hockey, I will say the same about baseball and football who have also increased playoff rounds.  Having 2nd and 3rd place teams making the post-season and then having endless rounds of playoffs takes away the importance of games during the season.  Of course it's ALL about money, and these sports leagues know they can milk even more out of fans and networks during these playoff rounds so that's the route they are going.  Hockey, of course still holds the title of longest post season, so I will give credit to who deserves it the most! LOL

Home ice means a lot ... 8 president trophy winners won the cup since 86.... When the Rangers won in 94 ...the garden was a much different atmosphere not sure it means nearly as much now. That said it's such a long haul to the cup any advantage you can get helps.

The NHL postseason is the same number of games and rounds as the NBA postseason.  The importance of the regular season is evident in the importance of home ice/court advantage.

OK, if the Rangers end up winning the cup with this home ice advantage I will buy both you and First-Light that hotdog I talked about in my first post here.  That will be my penance for doubting you guys! 

Islanders are also in the playoffs right?  Then they have a chance too.  Do they eventually play the Rangers if they both keep winning?  We need to start a wager with First-Light then.  If the Rangers lose to the Islanders he needs to let us hunt on his property (meals included) for a few days next Fall.  And please NO hotdogs with any of the meals. LOL  Go Islanders!!! 

The Islanders were on top of the division just a few weeks ago.  Now, they're teetering on the edge of the playoffs.  If the Rangers beat Ottawa tonight, the Isles will lock up a playoff spot.  Or, if the Isles gain at least one point if their final two games, they're in.

They would most likely not play the Rangers until at least the second round.  The Isles owned the Rangers in the first few matchups this season.  But, the Rangers have been unbeatable for the past two months.