Turkeys Talking this morning

Well went out, and got alittle to close the my birds as I could see one 50 yards in a tree. They never made a sound, flew down about 40 yards, a hen started to cluck and they vanished. So I just sat and waited, about 10 minutes later I heard a gobble across the road. So I headed that way, stopped and made a call and then gully I am in just lit up with 2 gobblers 100 yards away. So I setup (no decoys was traveling light today) , I do some calling and these birds kept going off and came in to 50 yards, but did not close the distance. They just stayed out 50-70 yards, then another gobbler went off. So three gobblers, but none of them would come in close enough.Then finnally after 15-20 minutes just wandered away to property I can not hunt. I am sure if I had my decoys this morning it would have sealed the deal. So back tomorrow with decoys in hand, and hoping for better luck.

• Like 1

I think the decoys would have done it today, as the where standing and looking.I have the Avian X Decoys and they birds just love them.It was my fault, as the birds the last few days have been gobbling flying down then heading the other way.So today I planned on locating them, and try and get ahead of them, but ended up almost under them in the trees when if got light.I thinking about roosting them tonight and then form my plan for the morning. Yes, I hunt the National Forest  all the time for turkeys. I am hunting some private land right now, but now, not very far from Finger Lakes National Forest.

No luck this morning. Bird gobbled below my on the neighboring property today. Only thing I got this morning was a fricken deer tick. Thats the third one this year.

Permithrin. Spray all your hunting clothes with it. It lasts for two weeks. I only had a little left so I sprayed all my daughters clothes with it . We also spray down with Off that's supposed to repel ticks as well. I'd hate for her to get lyme disease. Don't know if their are any ticks where we hunt but being cautious .