Home-made stuff

So, how many of you actually make some of your own equipment (putting together arrows, building bows, etc.)? How many work on their own bows for repair and maintenance? How many have ever gotten involved in creating your own archery inventions?

To me, all that stuff is fun and interesting. I built my first longbow. I have designed and built sights and arrow rests and other archery trinkets and gadgets. I have never bought a commercially assembled arrow ...... ever. And up until recently, I none of my bows ever saw the inside of a archery pro-shop once I bought it. It all just seems to part of the archery experience, and I really do love puttering around with archery equipment and have for 45 years. If I had arranged things to have more free time over my life, I probably would have gotten even more deeply involved in it all.

Doc

I work on my bow, and the wife's, including tuning it. I bought a perfectly good bow and stripped every piece off it and put my own stuff on it just cause. I do my arrows too, although I did just order some arrows for my wife that I had made to order. I enjoy all of the tinkering and adjusting. I just got done drilling out a sight bracket to accept some different pins, custom made to my specs. haha

I have been getting more in to it over the past couple of years, I have a serving kit, fletcher and all kinds of little archery things in the basement. I want a bow press some day but that will have to wait.

I wonder how many guys tune their own bows nowadays, I love getting it just right and knowing that I did it not some dude at a shop.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I come from a long line of DIY'ers, LOL

Our motto: If we can't fix it....................yep, it's definately broke.

I have made everything from my own screw in steps to adj. deer gambrels(I will post pics)to folding portable treestands.........................arrow targets, transportable shooting bench and target holders.

It is great to say "I made that".................

FDXX75

good plans here for a trad quiver... I made one similar to the one on the plans

http://funhunts.homestead.com/quiverplan.html

Thanks for the post, my 13 yr old son started into the archery field this past summer and he is the next generation DIY'er in the family. It looks like a great father/son basement project for us.

Thanks much

FDXX75