Senate Passes Bill to Allow Moose Hunting in NY

mike rossi

LOL..I dont know but after reading some of this i think some worry way to much about something that most likely they will never be involved with.  Its really not that big of a deal.  

You really don't get it, do you?

It's much more complicated than "just a moose hunt".

LOL..I dont know but after reading some of this i think some worry way to much about something that most likely they will never be involved with.  Its really not that big of a deal.  

Holy snow goose you and I actually agree about something.... But that is a large part of my point. I welcome a moose season and a few dollars it will add to the conservation fund. But these sort of things get a disproportionate amount of attention from both the Legislature AND the hunting community.

I will tell you what, if this passes, and the lottery is not an arm and a leg, me and my wife will both fill tags, and I will post it, just to take the opportunity to kill two moose away from two rich, arrogant SOBs... 

And, if we can only fit the meat or the antlers  into my full size ram - it is the antlers that gets left behind, not the meat...... My dogs dont need chew toys that bad, I will leave the antlers for the coyotes, squirrels and mice.... 

• Like 1

moose is right up there better than deer if cooked right.  No elk by any means but definitely good.  from what I've seen you get around 35% yield for meat.  I've only seen one bull here in NY and his antlers were dished out so he wasn't that young.

• Like 1

You communicate like a child, a spoiled one at that. 

I will address your trademark ad-hominid arguments  first - this time directed at me. I don't envy anyone. They disgust me, as do bigots....  I have experience with both, bigots who carry on with their annoying and worthless drivel nobody really cares about..... And the rich. As a matter of fact I worked as a hunting guide for operations catering to these people, Lets just say they have more bucks than brains.....

Second, why are you telling me I should  do a net search? Since you know everything that's wrong with the world, and its people,  why don't YOU do a net search and report back on here as to why the SCI received $50,000 in public funds from the NY state legislature? It is not common for an SCI member to pay that much for tags  or even one tag, why do they need public money, even if it is to do public service as you suggested? And I doubt it was a conservation activity as you surmise. Give us some public money and we will get some conservation done..... You do a net search instead of broadcasting your opinions just one time maybe....

You are not connecting the dots, as usual. The auctioning of tags done by the SCI which is apparently allowed by some foreign governments is not in contention. The point is, that this is already done with moose permits in a New England state and possibly elsewhere in the US for elk or goat tags or whatever. An auction which is different than a lottery, puts someone with money at a greater advantage in obtaining a tag. I think that advantage is very appealing to the SCI and would not be surprised if they would endorse such a policy in NY. I wont waste my time getting into the fine points about all the reasons auctioning tags is wrong, that type of philosophy doesn't reach you and I think others can figure it out. 

Ya know Mike, I posted the comment prior to this one with no malice or ill intent.  The fact that you read it as if it was some type of insult shows you have too much hate in your thinking to respond civilly and clearly.  I did not direct any negativity towards you with that post and actually tried to be quite respectful.  I find your reply to be typical of a man with a grudge.

So be it.  You have exposed yourself for all to see.

Edited by Mr VJP

I will tell you what, if this passes, and the lottery is not an arm and a leg, me and my wife will both fill tags, and I will post it, just to take the opportunity to kill two moose away from two rich, arrogant SOBs... 

With all due respect.......Wow.  This is generalization at it's worst.  I hope you can look at this comment objectively and see the bigotry you yourself harbor towards affluent people.

The only difference between most wealthy people and middle class people is they have more options.  Nothing more.

It is quite possible the State would allocate 2 extra tags for auction, just to get the big money a couple of affluent people could contribute to the state's conservation efforts.  Those tags might not ever be allocated otherwise.  

It's the state that decides to do auctions for tags, not wealthy hunters.  I would direct my hatred of tag auctions at the legislature, not the hunters.  If you think the hunters can buy your elected officials, you should be still directing your anger at the lawmakers for taking bribes or selling out.

Edited by Mr VJP

the majority of these wealthy people who spend fortunes on these auctions do it because the money goes to a cause, not to "steal" it from a less fortunate person......they certainly can afford to hunt pretty much anything at anytime they choose. It's no different than the guy who over pays for something being auctioned off for Ducks Unlimited or The National Wild Turkey Federation......

• Like 1