Stic N' Pic Products

Watching a hunting video yesterday and saw this product.  Looks so much easier for hanging trail cameras then traditionally strapping them on.  I like how they rotate and tilt as well (and have brackets for multiple cameras).  Specifically looking at the tree mount version verse the tripod.

Anyone here use this product and have any feedback?

www.sticnpic.com

Edited by beachpeaz

Well if you arent worried about your camera walking away, or worried about deer noticing your camera immediately. There have been these post type mounts for a long time. I actually used a T post and a chunk of 2x4 when I first got into playing with cams. I ditched that years ago though. I prefer my cams to be up around 6 to 8 feet high in most places, where deer wont see them as easilly. There are a few spots where I make exceptions because the deer dont seem to notice them at lower heights because they fit into spots where they are not conspicuous at all.

Well if you arent worried about your camera walking away, or worried about deer noticing your camera immediately. There have been these post type mounts for a long time. I actually used a T post and a chunk of 2x4 when I first got into playing with cams. I ditched that years ago though. I prefer my cams to be up around 6 to 8 feet high in most places, where deer wont see them as easilly. There are a few spots where I make exceptions because the deer dont seem to notice them at lower heights because they fit into spots where they are not conspicuous at all.

Right, that is why I said the screw in tree mount version.  Exactly so I can hang my cameras a good 6-8' up and tilt them down!  Don't care about the tri-pod.  I would just hammer a branch into the ground and strap it on if I was going to do that.

• Like 1

I can do without the cambush thing, but thats a great little design for a screw in mount. Could even use that with the cable lock and still be pretty secure. Thanks for posting it, Ill have to grab some stuff at the hardware store.

yeah reason for posting was the link to the camera mount instructions, they work great and are super cheap! 

Right, that is why I said the screw in tree mount version.  Exactly so I can hang my cameras a good 6-8' up and tilt them down!  Don't care about the tri-pod.  I would just hammer a branch into the ground and strap it on if I was going to do that.

I missed their tree mount. Ill have to take another peek. I like the cheap route that NYBuckHunter posted though.

I know both of the owners and the workers for cambush and sticnpic. At one point I was a staff member for sticnpic, but never got onto promoting their products. The reason is because I am solely a trail cam user for hunting purposes and I generally don't have parcels where I felt like the added cost could be risked. The one I did have and use was boosted.

That said, both products are worth the money - some of the most unique and creative photos and vids come from sticnpics. Once you learn how to really use their products, you can come up with images you never thought possible. The original is very quick to use - I was in and out in 20 seconds or less setting a cam up. 

I do use the HME screw-in mounts with the handle. I am intrigued by the new homemade screw in mounts that are making the rounds online...pretty much $2 in hardware from Lowe's. Haven't got around to trying them out yet and likely a winter project for me. 

not worried so much with spooking game but the different angles possible from being up higher in the tree really help get good pictures from the start to judge deer.  i don't like screw in stuff much anymore.  messes with a good tree or forgotten and grown in.  if it's a "junk" tree like white pine then you get pine pitch all over everything.  i guess that's why i still use straps.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the instructions from the link that NYBuckhunter posted and made some slight modifications to the bracket. I've included pictures of all the parts that were used. The changes I made were to attach the swivel mount to a piece of super strut that I cut to 4". I did this because I really don't like screwing things into trees and it would allow me to still use my current straps that are on the cameras. I can always replace the eye bolt with a self tapping one if needed. I then replaced the standard nut with a nylon lock nut. This will keep the nut from loosening when adjusting and keeps constant pressure on the swivel. Painted some parts separately and then once again when fully assembled. All my cams are out so I wasn't able to get a pic of it attached to a camera. Should work just fine though. All together I spent around $22. Most expensive purchase was the flat paint at $6 (there was no flat store brand paint to be had at my local Ace hardware). I had the super strut in my shop so no expense was incurred there.

post-1506-14368975437103_thumb.jpgpost-1506-1436897565025_thumb.jpgpost-1506-14368975796482_thumb.jpgpost-1506-1436897594577_thumb.jpgpost-1506-14368976122884_thumb.jpgpost-1506-14368976248558_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...