Mt Taurus

Elmo

Hiked a quick 5 mile loop in Mt Taurus near Cold Springs yesterday.  Took the steep climb up and the long way down.  Views at the top were spectacular even on a cloudy day.  Saw tons of frogs.  At the end of the loop are the ruin remains of an mansion.

Limited to a 105mm lens and I don't have his ninja skills to get that close to animals, my wildlife photography is simply not up too wooly's standards.

post-789-0-66316300-1436565713_thumb.jpg

post-789-0-68369200-1436565714_thumb.jpg

post-789-0-46497600-1436565715_thumb.jpg

post-789-0-05013200-1436565718_thumb.jpg

post-789-0-01118800-1436565719_thumb.jpg

post-789-0-81523900-1436565719_thumb.jpg

post-789-0-12101200-1436565721_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like a beautiful place to hike around and take in some breath taking scenery and creatures!

Climbing up and down those giant boulders would be a lot of fun but protect that camera.

I probably would have parked my butt next to that rocky waterfalls and listen to it trickle for a while!

Great shots from this area Elmo!

Your pictures aren't that bad.  If I take my good, and heavy, camera and lenses with me, it will take me while to post them, will have to wait for the film to be processed and have a digital copy made.

When I hunt I carry a pocket-sized digital camera, hopefully I will remember to grab it before I hit a trail.

You are right on the money on those berries.

I have to get out on a hike to get some wineberries - my son's favorite.  Only problem is only he knows were to find them. I know where to find some wild blueberries/huckleberries and blackberries, he doesn't.  Guess it will have to be a joint effort.

The blackberries should be coming on soon, but those are normally a lot more painful to harvest - more thorns and they are larger thorns too.

Good time to hit the trails to get some of nature's wild bounty if you know where to look for them.

By the way, the view looked nice from those pics.

• 3 weeks later...