Newbie in Bayside, NYC

r1s2000

Hey guys, im just posting here to say hello as i am a newbie to hunting and trying to learn from your experiences. Also, how many of you guys are from NYC? Im looking for hunting buddies for this upcoming season as well. My girlfriend and i just got our certificate and waiting to purchase the 2015/16 hunting licenses. We pretty much have the gears(firearms, clothing etc) so we just need good places to hunt, any recommendations? Thanks everyone for reading my post.

Welcome and thanks for stopping by. You can always find good hunting advice here. There are some good folks here happy to help any way they can. Just pull up a seat and join in anytime.

Had another new member here a couple days ago from NYC looking for the same as you. I'll tell you what I told him. If you get up to the capital region, shoot me a message, and I can steer you to some good public land spots in WMU 4h.

Sending you and your friend the best of luck for your first hunting season!

Welcome aboard, Pilgrim !

I spent a couple of years living aboard a Navy destroyer home ported  at Ft Schuyler, Bronx, right across the river from Bayside.....Of course, that was back when Moby Dick was a minnow....Last time I was in Bayside I was on a business trip in 1977 and stopped to visit a former shipmate who lived there...Son of Sam was still running around shooting people at the time..

Welcome to the brother/sisterhood! Lots to learn here about hunting. I too was a newbie some years ago and found this forum which helped me gain valuable hunting and conservation knowledge. Just remember it's not about the kill, it's about the time you spend in God's country with nothing but your gear and watching God's creatures waking up the woods around you!