6 Years & Counting Anniversary

DirtTime

Today marks 6 years me and my lady been together. Was almost a bad day...LOL

I got her a card that fits us and after she went to bed I put in her laptop. When she's not at work the first thing she does in the morning if fire up her laptop and make her breakfast. I thought putting the card there would be a good surprise. I even moved the the darn thing where she would see it first thing. What does she do, uses her Kindle and phone to check email & FB. She heads in the shower and around 11AM on the way out the door to go shopping she gives me guff and sort of leaves the house in a huff telling me I suck and I forgot. I just sort of sat there in a mute anger myself. The one day she breaks her norm and I am the bad guy. Then I just shook it off and laughed. Now, I have decided I am not telling her the card is in her laptop. I also planned on making her a nice dinner ( spent all my spare money on my new guns ).

She comes home, I help bring the groceries in and put them away, I can tell she seems a bit irritated at me. I am just going about things and letting her think I forgot and just don't feel like fighting about it right now.

I get my pasta sauce going, walk into the living room and again she is on her Kindle. That battery dies and she goes back to the phone. Now I was like "WTF!". LOL

I let my sauce simmer for two hours, I am just about ready to tell her to look when she makes a reminder of the gift she bought me. Now, I am in but head sarcastic mode! So I ask her if she an email me the screwed up bore hunting vid her bro sent. Thinking, she will use her laptop. NOPE! Back to the phone!

So I come into my office, and do what I do. About 4:30PM she finally opens the laptop! What a change in her demeanor! Now it's all "Oh baby! I Love you! You are the best!". LOL

I laughed and called her a jackass and that had she followed her routine she wouldn't have been mad in the first place.

When everything was done for dinner, I made her a plate and took it to her. While she was on her damn laptop telling everyone how great I am. LMAO!

Later tonight, I will be doing things I cannot discuss in here! Over a card and a home cooked meal.

• Like 1

I don't try to figure her out anymore. I let her be her as she lets me be me.

I just had to share this. I really didn't know whether to get mad back or just do what I did and let her stew. I have to admit though, I sort of enjoyed snickering at her being mad and knowing at some point she would see the card and blush with apologies. I even told her that. LOL