Think I have enough turnips!....

Got out my sack of fall seeds and last year  I got a really good deal on TTT and PT seeds.  So 12#'s of one and 10#'s of the other...I have lots and lots of both left...what was I thinking picking up the radish...lol...Second cup of Java down I'm headed out ...have a great day...

• Like 1

The lower field is near completion....the max attract is down  where I had soybeans and turnips last year...the turnips are where I usually plant corn and I left a small section for WW this fall...now I'm headed out to disc the top field before the rains and plant part of that in turnips and hog radish...then part will go into WW and clovers this fall...hope it's dri enough...this is the wet field...

I buy where the price is best...usually Turners but last year they told me a ridicules price and I went on a search...I called Wht tail institute because they sent me a deal on TTT. Well by the time I got done talking to them I had a GREAT deal and free shipping so I bought 12 #'s> Then I went to Dansville Agway and talked to them. They called Seedway and got me a little over $4 a pound and free shipping if I bought 10 #'s. Knowing that the germination rate stays really good over even several years I bought 10#'s

Hancock usually has deals with free shipping on some seeds. Order 5lbs of daikon radish and 5lbs of buckbuster rape (athena) for $30 or so shipped. Didn't have to make a drive to get it. I wish Turner would run better hours...8-5 M-F sucks. Sure they are open Saturdays, but that's time to work on plots, not go buy the stuff. Wish they were open later during the week.

• Like 1

WOW that price came down this year...He usually has good prices ..last years threw me for a loop....He has the best prices I can find on Fertilizer and the best selection as well.

11.50 a bag for 10-10-10 this year. Basically for their typical rape/turnip mix, its $27 an acre.

We had a rain come through this morning ...a nice puddle filler...
Dang it certainly put a quick growth on things in the matter of hours! They have some chance of rain and falling temps for the next 10 days...some 10% others up to 60%. I won't try to understand why it rains on the 10% days and not the 60% sometimes... :dontknow: