The NZ & Muzzle Loaders

DirtTime

If its in the current book it would be considered LAW.  They hand out 1000's of those things so even if they did change it somewhere i believe the LAW book they send out would trump all.... Their screw up, Not the hunters!

it's a guidebook based on the LAW.  you'll sure enough get a ticket.

it's a guidebook based on the LAW.  you'll sure enough get a ticket.

Right, Its a guidebook THEY gave HUNTERS of the LAW and if there is something in that book that came from THEM that says there is a season starting Sept 27th then thats on them. Its their guidebook telling hunters when the seasons open.

Its plain and simple and only common sense if the hunting license year is valid Sep 1st through Aug 31st then the recent tags are voided, it was only legal because the loop hole in recent years license year was Oct 1st to Sep 31st and Early Bow opened before Sep 31st but now that license year starts Sep 1st and Bow opens after Sep 1st you cant use old tags from past year.

• Like 1

Sorry got on a rant there lol.   5j is buck only for regular season, that does not apply for bow season or ML season.  Here is what you are looking for in writing.  Download this pdf link go to page 28 for tag descriptions.  You can use your either sex tag or antlerless tag during bow season in 5j and all n. tier zones.  

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/15biggame.pdf

which page were you saying had the exception still on it. I looked at page 8 about the tags and I don't see any mention of it valid in the NZ season prior to October 1st for last year

Right, Its a guidebook THEY gave HUNTERS of the LAW and if there is something in that book that came from THEM that says there is a season starting Sept 27th then thats on them. Its their guidebook telling hunters when the seasons open.

northern zone season starts the 27th... but you won't find anything saying you can use last seasons tags as they changed the tags to be valid Sept 1st to August 31st the following year.  so far I haven't come across any discrepancy in the guidebook.  other than the downloaded one where it says there's muzzleloader in 4J and 8C.  have yet to verify if that's really the case.

which page were you saying had the exception still on it. I looked at page 8 about the tags and I don't see any mention of it valid in the NZ season prior to October 1st for last year

Didnt get it from the guide book its on DEC website under hunting regulations.  The pdf of the book doesnt shove the cover pages on it, on years past it tells you to refer to the DEC website for regulations and the book is for refernece or some wording of the sorts. 

Its plain and simple and only common sense if the hunting license year is valid Sep 1st through Aug 31st then the recent tags are voided, it was only legal because the loop hole in recent years license year was Oct 1st to Sep 31st and Early Bow opened before Sep 31st but now that license year starts Sep 1st and Bow opens after Sep 1st you cant use old tags from past year.

You would be correct on the simple and common sense statement, however that is null and void when it comes to the DEC.

If you look at this its stated that "Last year's license is required when hunting prior to October 1" in the top left corner of the image.
http://www.ilsnow.com/videoblog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/deer13.jpg

Then if you look at 2015 seasons it doesn't say  "Last year's license is required when hunting prior to October 1" http://www.dec.ny.gov/images/wildlife_images/deer2015.jpg

Just because it wasn't announced that it isn't legal to use last years license you should assume that it isn't legal.

If you look at this its stated that "Last year's license is required when hunting prior to October 1" in the top left corner of the image.

http://www.ilsnow.com/videoblog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/deer13.jpg

Then if you look at 2015 seasons it doesn't say  "Last year's license is required when hunting prior to October 1" http://www.dec.ny.gov/images/wildlife_images/deer2015.jpg

Just because it wasn't announced that it isn't legal to use last years license you should assume that it isn't legal.

isn't the one link from last year and the other current? I would think it would be self explanatory being that the new regs state the license year runs from September 1 through August 31.....

isn't the one link from last year and the other current? I would think it would be self explanatory being that the new regs state the license year runs from September 1 through August 31.....

The link i posted was the for 2013 and 2015 seasons i was explaining that in 2013 the license year was October 1 through September 31 and you were required to have last years license to hunt prior to October 1 but since they changed the license year to Septeber 1 through August 31 in 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 seasons you need current license to hunt early bow because bow season opens after license year has gone into effect. I am explaining this to whoever thinks they can still use last years license for this year.

• Like 1

By the time DEC is done we will have to take one of them with us hunting so:

1) They can actually see how many deer are in the woods.

2) So we can say "Hey dipstick, what's the deal here?".

3) So they see things from a hunters POV.

Actually, they can film the hunt for us!!!

Edited by ....rob

And as far as using your regular season tag from previous hunting season, you can take either buck or doe with your bow from sept 27 to sept 30 if you still posses it. 

Cut and paste again from DEC website.

Regular Season Deer Tag Antlered Deer Only

Exceptions:

Antlered or Antlerless

1. During the regular season in Westchester Co. and during any season in Suffolk Co.
  2. In Areas restricted to longbow hunting only
  3. During late season (with bow or muzzleloading privilege)
  4. September 27-30, in the Northern Zone with previous season's unused tag and bow privilege

This was a direct cut and paste from the website 2 days ago, yesterday it still said same thing.  Today exception 4 is gone.  This may be the one time the DEC actually listened to hunters and did something right lol. And after looking at the 2014-2015 deer season pdf from the website this was overlooked last year too.  Wonder how many people used the previous years tag? 

Edited by wdswtr
  • Like 1

LMFAO  Must be they are reading this, its now been removed from the website.  

Maybe they are. Heres a quote from another thread:

I already know- the DEC has been reading my posts.

Now, this may sound like a good thing. Great, they are paying attention. But, if they are possibly now paying attention, all the people boasting about a willingness to break the law might get a closer look.

Hmmmm.....This might be a huge double edge sword if they tagged this site to watch closer.

JMO.

Now, this may sound like a good thing. Great, they are paying attention. But, if they are possibly now paying attention, all the people boasting about a willingness to break the law might get a closer look.

Hmmmm.....This might be a huge double edge sword if they tagged this site to watch closer.

JMO.

Uhhhhhhh If I ever stated anything incriminating on here I WAS HACKED it wasnt me.  LOL

• Like 1

JMO.

Dont have to worry about that .We have gave them sure things for tickets and arrests and they didnt have the time or man power. Im sure many are not to worried about it...