making a run for it.....

growalot

Trying to get the mowing done before these big storms hit....usually I won't start equipment until 7am ..but headed out now....got pasta and broccoli salad made already packed up ,marinated chicken and pork loin and cut up melon for the kids first few nights home with the new little one....good start to the day....

If these are bad as they say everyone be careful out there this afternoon...

Hhhmmmm.... got done mowing and then throwing out some red clover on the WW...when the rains came...just enough to soak me and the tractor driving back up the hill...parked in the barn...sun came out..Oh well this line just missed us and it sorta looks like the next big line could do the same..we'll see ...it at least moistened the seed...

The big rain yesterday lasted about 1 minute, and the rest of it was a nice gentle rain that lasted maybe the better part of an hour or two at the most. Hardly of the flash-flood variety .... lol. Actually, the last three days of flood watch or warning or whatever, resulted in no rain or very little rain at all. I'm starting to get a bit irritated with all this "sky is falling" weather forecasting. Trying to use the weather forecast as a planning tool has become a joke. And that 5 or 7-day forecast is an evergreen thing that changes each day. These weathermen really aren't all that good at their job are they?

I agree with you Doc...but we did get that rain and it was pretty heavy,,,There was road ponding and the local towns culvert pipes couldn't handle it,,,Then again if they cleaned them once in a blue moon they could have I suppose..any whoo...yep having to make weather plans is the pits...not just for farmers but construction ..roofers pouring concrete,framers ect ect... As Mr B says ...must be nice to have a job making that much money and you rarely need to be right... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The big rain yesterday lasted about 1 minute, and the rest of it was a nice gentle rain that lasted maybe the better part of an hour or two at the most. Hardly of the flash-flood variety .... lol. Actually, the last three days of flood watch or warning or whatever, resulted in no rain or very little rain at all. I'm starting to get a bit irritated with all this "sky is falling" weather forecasting. Trying to use the weather forecast as a planning tool has become a joke. And that 5 or 7-day forecast is an evergreen thing that changes each day. These weathermen really aren't all that good at their job are they?

Yep, 7 day forecasts are garbage..even 2 or three days out is unreliable. Some of these rookies on TV weather are pathetic. 

I remember the days of the family of 7 piling into the station wagon and heading out to our relatives farm in wyoming county on winter days. Of course, my parents watched/ listened to the reports on radio or TV. If any if snow was predicted, we took our time and got there and returned just fine. Nowadays, the gloom and doom forecasting, trying to strike fear into people is ridiculous. I will pay heed to Scoutlook, or intellicast for info on weather. All the happy talk on TV "Snooze" is crepe too....I leave the room to do something else when my wife sits down to watch...would rather have pitchfork in my forehead that watch that stuff.

Bring back Tom Jolles..

• Like 1

Can't say if it rained at all by me , i was out of town. But I have not found 1 weather reporting  website that gives an accurate weather report for my part of the town. Our town is on a flat area , we are in a valley or bowl that has a  800 ft. difference in height. And the weather conditions do change from area to area and the time of day.  76 degrees and bright sun now.