Scrapes

fearthebeard

Just didn't know if it was random or if it's somthing that they will continue doing in the same spot I always find scrape have a hard time finding rubs though

I'm far from an expert on anything, but deer tend to follow the same patterns year after year......unless something drastic happens to their area to make them change.

• Like 1

Awhile back ,I read a article which I can't remember the author,he was saying that no matter what signs you see or don't see, to set up in a spot that has multiple trails crossing. We have a spot that has 5 trails crossing at the same point and every year there is a scrape that gets started and freshened up all season right where the trails all cross.

• Like 1

deer will use the same scrapes. We have a scrape the size of a car hood by one stand that has been hit for the last 30 years.

What may alter their use is if the run leading to them is blocked or altered or your licking branch dies. You can keep a scrape active by keeping the run free and you can even cut a live limb and zip tie it to a branch to replace a dead licking branch. grab a stick or hand rake and ruff it up. pee in it or put some mock scrape in it. If it's still not being hit, then do a little scouting and see what you see. 1/2 the fun of deer hunting is the scouting.

Awhile back ,I read a article which I can't remember the author,he was saying that no matter what signs you see or don't see, to set up in a spot that has multiple trails crossing. We have a spot that has 5 trails crossing at the same point and every year there is a scrape that gets started and freshened up all season right where the trails all cross.

My stand is in a spot like that only downfall I think is that they can come from anywhere