Team Legend 2015

First-light

As you know my hunting time is very limited (1 bow and gun weekend and a few quick trips out on LI) because of my new business. We leave this afternoon (my brother and I) around 2 and hope to be at the cabin by 8. I can't believe how we hit it perfect on the weather!!! All day sit tomorrow for sure they will be moving. I need this weekend really bad and I hope I get a few looks at some decent bucks. I'll pull the cards also and post picts. Good luck everyone and have fun!

FL

• Like 3

I hear ya! 11 hours in stand this weekend and saw 4 all Sat evening 20 minutes till sundown. Brothers added another 11 hours between the two of them and 0. So 4 deer in 22 hours on stand. Weather was great. Another week or so we should see some better action I hope!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As i sit at the computer My brother and a friend are at the cabin. My niece and her husband will join them tomorrow. They hunted this afternoon and saw a button buck. Very warm out and not much deer movement. My brother will set up a stand on the adjacent property I just bought. Boy do I miss being up there. hopefully that will change for next year!!

Well the crew is at the camp hunting away. Brother saw three doe Friday and his friend a 4 pt that he missed. This guy will fit righting!! lol Today I heard that in my stand was my brothers son in law. He saw two monsters at 40 yards. Don'tnknow the details yet but exited to hear and see what happens tonight. 

Details: at 11:50 in my stand my brothers son in law witnessed two hug bucks fighting over a doe. He said it was an awesome sight. No shot but the doe did drift towards him and got whiff of the estrous scent and left the area. The bucks followed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Brother been at camp since Wednesday. He has only seen one deer so far. It was a nice white horned buck he busted out of some thick stuff while walking out. If its the same buck from years past this guy is old and has some great mass. I head up at noon and my Niece, her husband and their friend come up late tonight. I have to leave mid-day Sunday so it's a quick hunt for me. Anything is fair game! lol Good luck to all bag a big old boy!!!

• Like 1

It was an amazing opening day for us at camp! My brother shot an 8 pt around 7:30 then all hell broke loose at 9:00. A hot doe cam through and a friend took the 6 pt that was chasing it.The doe runs past me and I take it only to see a huge buck coming down the swail on her scent. I shoot him, the buck which is a 7 pt weighed 185lbs dressed. It is the one laying in the field, very dark colored on the deer pole. My nieces husband gets back into my stand after we gutted the deer and got them out of the woods. It wasn't more than a half hour and another hot doe comes along with three bucks chasing her. He shoots the second which was a real nice 8. The third buck shows up and was a giant but he just had to watch as big deer just stood over the buck he just shot. This all happened in the morning!!! 

post-156-0-37596300-1448238377_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-73362800-1448238381_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-75108900-1448238386_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-67070500-1448238391_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-97133000-1448238398_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-14128300-1448238407_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-03956700-1448238412_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It's going to be a season to remember and recollect on but definately a hard one to beat or duplicate anytime soon. Hope those bucks got to spread some seed around before they wandered into death valley. Congrats again to everyone in the group.

• Like 1

Thanks Zem. That big one I shot admittedly was not a good first hit. (Steve will bust on me for this) He was hit right through the hind quarters. I actually thought I broke his leg. He left no blood at all. I jumped him once in the beginning then gave him an hour to settle down. When I took up the trail I just followed his prints and a drag mark though the leaves. I ended up in a brushy field. I crossed a small stream turn a corner and there he was bedded down looking out into the brush. Something told me he was ready and he wouldn't be going anywhere.

One of the other deer was a first time buck. I was real happy for the guy, his first time hunting with us also. A true gentleman hunter. He will be invited back. One last photo with me and my 6 point. 

post-156-0-14678600-1448534834_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-64615700-1448534840_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, great job! That's one meat pole that will be hard to match by anyone!! You must have bent your gun barrel somewhere since you actually connected this year!! Congrats!

Congrats , nice bunch of deer! Not to steel your thunder but we did almost the same thing my first yr.(age 16) of deer hunting 50 yrs. ago. We had 7 hunters & we all got deer, 6 bucks & 1 doe & we were done & out of the woods by 3 pm. We even made the Buffalo news back then. I can tell you ,you will always remember it like it was yesterday, it was a great time had by all.    Again, Congrats!

• Like 1

Congrats , nice bunch of deer! Not to steel your thunder but we did almost the same thing my first yr.(age 16) of deer hunting 50 yrs. ago. We had 7 hunters & we all got deer, 6 bucks & 1 doe & we were done & out of the woods by 3 pm. We even made the Buffalo news back then. I can tell you ,you will always remember it like it was yesterday, it was a great time had by all.    Again, Congrats!

Very cool on your accomplishment! Yes memories forever……..