Hooyman Saw extendable versions

I have the 5' version and really like it.  It's solid built and works as advertised.  The only thing I don't like about the company is they wont sell the 10' extension as an add on, you need to buy another whole kit.

O ok good to know. Can you buy only the extensions or need to get a whole saw kit?

I just bought this and am very impressed. It's not a saw so your limb size is limited, but it's easy to pack in and out compared to my 16'. Couldn't stomach the price of the hooyman

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Fiskars-12-ft-Telescoping-Pruning-Stick-92406935J/100200394

I saw that but really wanted something I could throw in my pack. I have a hand saw but for the size and weight the hooyman isn't much off.

I prefer the Fiskars Pruning Stik because it extends almost 20 feet and has the lopper.  It also has the pull strap inside the stick, so you're not getting tangled like other rope-type pruners.  I have broken one because I beat them up, but fiskars is awesome with replacement.  I have the 10 ft. Hooeyman, which I use in a pinch, or if I find a new spot with the climber and don't want to carry around a 10 ft. pruner.  I think the 10 ft would be much more useful than the 5ft. version for the extra $30.  

I have had one for about 5 years and loved it at first but all the plastic "junctions" are all loose and rattle I had to add a couple bolts to keep it together. I called and emailed their customer service over the summer and have yet to get a response. It sucks because I liked the saw and it's the only one like it on the market but for 80 or 90$ for the 10ft I expected a better product.

Yeah I was reading reviews on cabelas and there were about 3x as many good to bad reviews. I have one of those fiskars 14' deals but hate to lug that back and forth to the stand. I always seem to miss branches when trimming in the summer.

I have one of the older type Fiskars that has a knob that gets tightened . It doesn't tighten enough and is a pain in the neck to use . I stopped at Wal-Mart in Webster and checked out their Tree Pruners . They had the grey colored Fiskers on clearance for $16.25 so I bought one and tried it out . Not bad . I went back and bought 2 more for a couple of my sons . They weren't on clearance in Macedon or Geneseo . Two for the price of one .

• 5 months later...

I have the 5 foot Hooyman version as well. Fits very nicely into your backpack. You always, after getting up to the height you want in a tree, a branch in the way, but can't reach. This 5 foot model fits the bill nicely.....

• Like 2