So who's headin out with their XBOW in the morning..

sits in trees

Well, look at you getting all indignant .... lol. I probably should remind you that not everything is about you. There were 5 pages of replies in that thread, and I don't recall mentioning your name or your comment.

My comments here are simply that I am finding a general lack of consistency between these two threads, in terms of what we are getting outraged over and what we accept as being simply a mistake. Personally, I find most of that kind of judgmental crap unnecessary and there comes a time where we begin to cross over from simple information sharing as in this thread, to page after page of un-ending malicious moralizing, as in the other thread.

Pretty big difference between the two threads. One broke the law, and didn't seem to give a crap and the other was ignorant to the law and was humbled when he found out.

If you can't see the difference, well, I don't know what else to say.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Well, look at you getting all indignant .... lol. I probably should remind you that not everything is about you. There were 5 pages of replies in that thread, and I don't recall mentioning your name or your comment.

My comments here are simply that I am finding a general lack of consistency between these two threads, in terms of what we are getting outraged over and what we accept as being simply a mistake. Personally, I find most of that kind of judgmental crap unnecessary and there comes a time where we begin to cross over from simple information sharing as in this thread, to page after page of un-ending malicious moralizing, as in the other thread.

well, actually you did directly mention my comment...... "And I do love the creative quoting. That was cute.".............that was you who said that in response to my comment...yes?

Edited by jjb4900

well, actually you did directly mention my comment...... "And I do love the creative quoting. That was cute.".............that was you who said that in response to my comment...yes?

And that part of my reply was a true observation wasn't it? The rest of it was a "if the shoe fits....wear it" kind of response.

Pretty big difference between the two threads. One broke the law, and didn't seem to give a crap and the other was ignorant to the law and was humbled when he found out.

If you can't see the difference, well, I don't know what else to say.

And if not for the luck of having made this thread, the result would have wound up a clear and blatant disregard for the law. Look, we can argue all day about what was in the minds of both individuals, but the fact is that this thread properly took the approach of providing useful information while the other was simply a malicious flame-fest style of feeding frenzy. And that is the point that you seem to want to ignore.

And if not for the luck of having made this thread, the result would have wound up a clear and blatant disregard for the law. Look, we can argue all day about what was in the minds of both individuals, but the fact is that this thread properly took the approach of providing useful information while the other was simply a malicious flame-fest style of feeding frenzy. And that is the point that you seem to want to ignore.

The tempo of the thread is set by the OP. Look at the differences of how those tempos are set up and you'll see why the threads took the course they did.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems