Vermont Castings lp gas smoker

VC stainless steel cabinent model# VC3624 - lp.

Cabinent is 36" high by 24" wide - 1033 square inches of cooking area and four adjustable oven-style cooking grids.

With 17,500 BTU's and three adjustable dampers.

Great for making sausages, jerky, ribs etc.

Used very little - $900 new.

Yours for $375.00

post-38-131455399258_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...
On 1/6/2022 at 4:07 AM, brendaalex said:

Hello all.

I am looking at getting a propane smoker but would like some input on what everyone things about the VC3624GS. I have read a couple reviews online about how this is a good outdoor oven but doesn't get down to low enough temps for good smoking. I was wondering if anyone who has, or has used this smoker has any comments.

Barring this one (it is a little above my price range at about 700 dollars) I am looking at a 24" Smoke Vault. Are there any other suggestions for propane smokers in the 400 to 600 dollar range?

I can't help you with the VC smoker, but I have a masterbuilt 30" propane smoker and have been using it for years. It does what I need it to do, just wish it were bigger sometimes. I did have to put in a regulator in line between the propane tank and the smoker because I couldn't get the temps down low enough to do a cool smoke. The regulator helps a lot as I can control the temps much better. 

Good luck with your search, all I can say is if you can afford it go bigger.

On 1/6/2022 at 4:07 AM, brendaalex said:

Hello all.

I am looking at getting a propane smoker but would like some input on what everyone things about the VC3624GS. I have read a couple reviews online about how this is a good outdoor oven but doesn't get down to low enough temps for good smoking. I was wondering if anyone who has, or has used this smoker has any comments.

Barring this one (it is a little above my price range at about 700 dollars) I am looking at a 24" Smoke Vault. Are there any other suggestions for propane smokers in the 400 to 600 dollar range?

I have a masterbilt charcoal smoker,will keep temp anywhere from about 150,works excellent for smoking and can also be usrd to grill.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a cheapy charbroil electric and made it work for some venison snack sticks: Low temp (170 or lower) AND still making smoke is a challenge for sure.
I started to leave the door closed but not clamped down And pre-heated my new wood chips inside on the gas stove-adds a great smell to the house too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk