Bow buck 2015

NYbuck50

Bow buck from last week. Came in nose to the ground looking for a girlfriend, stopped him at 27 yards for the shot. He was coming in on a full trot, when i grunted the 3rd time to stop him he actually stopped and took a step back .At the shot, i watched my lighted nock flying at him and then shoot straight up in the air, i initially thought i hit an unseen branch because id never had that happen before. The  arrow ended up missing vitals and caught him in front of the shoulder at the base of his neck. As i was reaching for another arrow he went 15 yards ran into a tree and dropped dead. Not the BC deer i was chasing, but im happy with him. Solid 7pt, dressed around 170. Added to the doe i got mid October, my freezer is starting to look good. Headed to camp tomorrow for the last sit of bow season, and hopefully a great gun opener. Looks like the weather will cooperate. Goodluck and stay safe everybody.

post-1441-0-20587900-1447957093_thumb.jp

• Like 11