Why cant everyone just get along.

5.9cummins

Doc, if i remember right there were some issues with the heated topics. Some were actually removed from the site and censored by the administrator, then shortly after the site went blank with no explanation.

Dave

Not sure whether there was a cause and effect situation there. The closing of the sight was abrupt and without any warning or explanation, so I don't know if the site owner died, stepped in quick-sand, moved away, went to prison, got lost on an African safari, developed amnesia, blew up his computer, gave up hunting, or why he shut it down. I wouldn't even guess. Actually I am very curious about the demise of the site. That was one of the strangest things I have ever seen. It was a super active forum, and seemed to be functioning ok. But I guess nobody knows or nobody is going to say. Probably will never know.

It's funny, but in all the years I have hunted I haven't come across too many hunters who are the type to sit around a campfire, holding hands and singing "Kumbaya".  Why should it be any different on this forum?  Just because we all might hunt don't mean we have to agree on everything and not debate issues.  Without debate nothing is ever resolved in life.

Yeah but there are guys that sit around the campfire, holding a beer that get so lit they start singing something unitelligable that might be KUMBAYA :P

You might be right.  I could see how someone in the sauce could mistake "Pass me another beer will ya" for something like "Kumbaya".

Doc, if i remember right there were some issues with the heated topics. Some were actually removed from the site and censored by the administrator, then shortly after the site went blank with no explanation.

Dave

Im pretty sure the issues with a certain false antler reporting individual discrediting the site had more to do with its downfall than any heated debates. If heated debates caused hunting related sites to close, Archerytalk.com would never have gone anywhere. I have been a member and moderator on more than one hunting related site and other sites that had nothing to do with hunting, and the one thing in common with the sites that curtail anything controversial and do alot of thread removal, etc is lack of traffic and activity. You can only talk about so many things without having people disagree. I think this site has been great and agree with John on how things have been handled so far.

If there were no heated debates I don't think guys would find it as entertaining or interesting... Even with some of the most heated debates... (and I know Doc knows what I'm talking about  :P ) there is usually a level of repect given, except for maybe one or two times which I apologize for Doc.

Good debates help keep us all on our toes. Gives us all different perspectives on issues ..... See the other side of story.

Sometime it's amusing to see how easyit is to push someones buttons and get them on the offense defending their opinions but really, name calling and flames should be left at the door. what better way is ther to end a good discussion then to resort to acting like 5th graders