Cell Cams

I am starting to think that I may have to walk past my camera after dark..over 100 pictures since Saturday morning but not one after dark..lol

There is a start and stop time on these cams but pretty sure that wasnt messed with setting up your cams.

Thats alot of pics in a short period!

• Like 2

Did you get lots of pictures of sun glare and/or leafs or small birds? I used to have issues with tons of pics each day but that was because I was facing sunrise and kept getting glare. Once I changed spots that problem took care of itself.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Did you get lots of pictures of sun glare and/or leafs or small birds? I used to have issues with tons of pics each day but that was because I was facing sunrise and kept getting glare. Once I changed spots that problem took care of itself.

You Can't Beat My Meat!

Nope, there are deer in every picture, except for 2 that have a squirrel.. Lol it is set up on a heavy trail between their main bedding areas.. This isn't the hotspot during hunting season, but when the snow hits the deer are there.

Phase, since I have over 100 texts so far, does that mean that the camera has stored the same number or does it take some pics in between that don't get sent?

Also, when do I have to start worrying about getting pictures cleared from cameras memory?

It depends if you modified the pics per trigger. I usually send cams out at 1 photo or 2 photos per trigger. Cam will send first pic in a series. Some triggers will not send, either due to a dropped connection with network (like a dropped call), or a triggered event before the cam has finished uploading to the network. That is why I do not suggest putting the cams at a low delay interval.

I include a 4 or 8 GB card for each cam and they should hold well over a thousand pics. When you delete or move them, try just moving the pics in the dcim folder and leaving the gsm file. I would NOT format the card each time since the cell cams prefer their own cards.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

I set my camera up for 3 pics per trigger with a high delay interval and left it out from October until now.  It's a 4 GB card and there was plenty of room on the card when I pulled it.  I have another card formatted if I want to change it out, but I think I will just remove the pictures when the batteries go dead.  

Cell cams (thus far) are slightly difference use. The full size pics certainly have value, but its rare for me to really want to pull them to look.

The value is in the pics sent IMO.

I know I have a couple really awesome pics that were sent that I would like to look at full size, but I can wait until I feel like pulling the cam.

I don't understand it. Ive made a couple of posts in different threads this one included and they get edited and or deleted. Nothing foul or malicious was ever said. I realized after I posted in this thread that my pics weren't cell cam pics. Really...whats the big deal! Was it really worth me being censored! Had another posted deleted in "DMP Swap" because I stated I would be willing to give out a permit for a place to hunt. Again...really! WTF!! Almost beginning to feel like big brother is watching over my shoulder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand it. Ive made a couple of posts in different threads this one included and they get edited and or deleted. Nothing foul or malicious was ever said. I realized after I posted in this thread that my pics weren't cell cam pics. Really...whats the big deal! Was it really worth me being censored! Had another posted deleted in "DMP Swap" because I stated I would be willing to give out a permit for a place to hunt. Again...really! WTF!! Almost beginning to feel like big brother is watching over my shoulder

This section is for Humting related items for sale. The tag swap rule is tag for tag I believe, not sure if that is why or if it was removed. Look at titles and or rules before posting. Hope this answer your question. ;-)

As with all good things, it ends eventually.

I have a few more cams coming, but after they are sold, that is it.

Thanks to all who have bought them. I certainly didn't get rich but glad to help people enter the cell cam world.

I am not sure how many are left in this last lot that is coming to me. I believe I will have either 1 cam or 2 that is not spoken for at the moment. Let me know, as always.

As with all good things, it ends eventually.

I have a few more cams coming, but after they are sold, that is it.

Thanks to all who have bought them. I certainly didn't get rich but glad to help people enter the cell cam world.

I am not sure how many are left in this last lot that is coming to me. I believe I will have either 1 cam or 2 that is not spoken for at the moment. Let me know, as always.

Say it isn't true. Let me know how many of the new ones there are and I want them phade

You Can't Beat My Meat!

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody good at lightening up photos? Just got this one in my backyard between my deck and pool. Appears to be animal on the left side. Maybe woodchuck or skunk ?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1453159368.653413.jpg

I clearly see a mountain lion.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

• 2 months later...