Tree stands/State land

Dom

I am going to try hunting from a tree stand next season.When I hunted private land farm the stands were all stick built.I guess my question is what are the do's and do nots on state land.Can I place a hang on stand on state land and leave up for the hunting season do I need to leave information on the stand as to who owns the stand?I have always ground hunted on state land and trying to find valid information.

Get a good lock if you plan to use a hang-on. Maybe even 2. I personally would not leave them up, especially with the climbing sticks attached to the tree. 

I would use a climber.

thank's Rob lock's are only for honest people.I ground hunt mostly and will purchase a less expensive stand/just looking for information on using stands on state land.The land I hunt is carry in and out just not sure I'm understanding the guide lines on tree stand use.

Yes I have, and the few emails I sent were replied to pretty quick.

Phone calls are a different story. When I was trying to get information on a small state land area about what was legal to use hunting there ( shotgun only, bow only, or open to the county regs ) it took a few hours and talking to a lot of different people, but I was finally given a name of the LT. Ranger for my area. I left a message and 10 minutes later he called me back. It was cleared up fast. The next day I was called back by two of the three Rangers covering the area in question. I told them both the issue was resolved and I had the information I needed. Not one of the 10 or so people I spoke with were rude or nasty to me. All were pleasant and thanked me for taking the time to ask.

Edited by ....rob

Yes I have, and the few emails I sent were replied to pretty quick.

Phone calls are a different story. When I was trying to get information on a small state land area about what was legal to use hunting there ( shotgun only, bow only, or open to the county regs ) it took a few hours and talking to a lot of different people, but I was finally given a name of the LT. Ranger for my area. I left a message and 10 minutes later he called me back. It was cleared up fast. The next day I was called back by two of the three Rangers covering the area in question. I told them both the issue was resolved and I had the information I needed. Not one of the 10 or so people I spoke with were rude or nasty to me. All were pleasant and thanked me for taking the time to ask.

You are correct any of the people that I have talked to were never rude at all.I'm waiting for our local ranger/to call me back.with only having afew Rangers that really know what is the regulations for the area is a tough job.

• Like 1

You can get a 20' climbing stick cheap after season, sometimes $20. And a hang in stand cheap too. Even the cheap ones can be quieted down with some nylon washers. Maybe I've been lucky but I've hung plenty of stands on state land with no problems. If you are worried about leaving it then by all means get a climber. Summits are reasonable especially in the off season