Time to do some predator control

So do they hook right up to a 12v charger/power cord? Or do you need a special light also...my buddy has some pretty nice batteries for his rc cars that are 1000 plus mah that you can run in series or carry multiples but don't know how to convert them to run a light

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You'll need another system. You can take a look at my FB page for reference.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

Learning to hunt/call coyotes, beats sitting around listening to them howl all night. Yeah I'm sure it will be a challenge. But I'm up for it! Game on! And may the best dog win!

The problem is, they learn really fast, and do a great job at avoiding calls, etc that dont sound quite right. If you are hitting up the same areas weekend after weekend, you will burn your areas out quick. If you want a full season of productive hunting, you need lots of places to go to and be very careful not to overhunt the spots so you can avoid being patterned. Like chisw said, coyotes make deer look very dumb. 

Bait is legal for coyote hunting and can tip the scales in your favor.   During deer season, I pile carcasses, hides, heads, etc, about 75 yards behind my bedroom window, in an open field.   I butcher 3-4 deer a year to feed our family, getting them from friends and neighbors if I can't kill them myself.  Even whole roadkills occasionally end up on that pile, especially when there is snow and a full moon.  I also throw trapped raccoon and possum carcasses on the pile, as well as remains of winter small game including rabbits and squirrels. The coyotes are getting smarter however.  Last winter, I tried cracking open the window a few times when one showed up but was not able to get off a shot before they bolted off.        

Several years ago, about this time of year when we had good snow and a full moon, my wife woke me up about 3:00 am asking me what all the noise was out back.  I looked out the window and there were two coyotes gorging themselves on the fresh carcass of a late ML season deer.   I had a .22/250 and a.22 rimfire at bedside. I loaded the rimfire, since it was a school night and the kids were asleep down the hall, and slid up the window.   Looking back, I should have targeted the smaller one (probably a female), but I aimed behind the shoulder of the big one as I squeezed off my first shot.  He let out a yelp indicating a hit.  I fired short, 2-3 shot bursts at both of them from the semi-auto, as they ran off.   I found the 55 pound male 40 yards away the next morning when I went out to check the damages.  I doubt I touched the fleeing female as there was no blood on her trail.  The male was hit once thru the lungs and again in the rump.     

One odd thing about coyotes is that they must be terrible tasting to scavengers.   Even the crows wont touch their carcasses placed on that same pile.  By contrast, every last scrap of deer, raccoon, rabbit, squirrel,  and even fox has been quickly devoured.  Coyotes just shrivel up and dry out over the winter until I turn them under with the plow the following spring.   

I have also tried going out at night with a dying rabbit mouth call but the only thing I have taken that way were red foxes.   They are getting scarce now as the coyote population is growing.