Are deer still rutting?

rj23nyr

Probably fawns that have hit the necessary weight to breed/come into estrous. A small % of does are bred in late Dec/Jan. All it takes is one, however, to make things a little crazy, in the immediate area.

Bucks are will to breed whenever. Sort of like normal guys, I guess.

• Like 3

I have seen a ton of dead deer on the side of the roads the past few days and my friend said he saw two bucks dogging a doe yesterday

Just completed a 600 mile round trip from lower Dutchess county to Canton New York, St. Lawrence county and the only road kill I saw was one in Stormville. Also didnt see any live deer...not a one!! Thought it was odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just completed a 600 mile round trip from lower Dutchess county to Canton New York, St. Lawrence county and the only road kill I saw was one in Stormville. Also didnt see any live deer...not a one!! Thought it was odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL..Not strange really. Things are not good up here. You may have went right past my place and its been weeks from the last deer i have seen around here.

The third rut spike was right on time. A lot of the old does with one or two fawns finally cycled. The bucks that were left, whether spikes or better are having a good time. I still have a bunch of cameras out and it is interesting to see all the rutting action at the zip-tied scrapes. But it didn't really spike until about a week ago, just after the Full Moon.