Crosman Airbow, $849 air-powered arrows @ 450 FPS

Core

In one video I saw, Jim Shockey fills it from a canister about the size of a 1/2 gallon jug.

It gets a couple of shots per fill. The videos seem to try and cover up the sound it makes when fired too. I'm assuming it's pretty loud, considering what some 1200 fps airguns sound like.

What do you suppose makes the loudest sound from a 1200 fps airgun? The air?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

BTW, if 1200 fps airguns are only loud because the pellet breaks the speed of sound, why do they put suppressors on the muzzles?  Since you seem to be setting yourself up as an expert on airgun ballistics, I'm asking for your expert opinion.

Edited by Mr VJP

I know what I see in the video and I know what I've read from others who have seen this thing in action.

Perhaps you shouldn't argue with the noise it makes until you hear it.

Unlike you, I don't go by third person information on the subjects I speak about, and if I do, I'll state it as such.

I've shot arrow guns before, and no, they are not "loud". Have you ever shot a hunting class airgun before? Probably not, from your ignorance on the subject and one-sided position.

Keep watching those videos and reading those articles, it sure is entertaining.

I keep hearing about that if it doesnt have a string its not a bow...Yes not in the true sense of the word but the use of it and shot placement and tracking / recovery would be much more akin to bow hunting than gun hunting.The projectile still kills by cutting not from blunt trauma like a bullet..I think it should be allowed anytime during the season and Especially on LI..I would much rather see this air bow in more widespread use than the opening up of more counties for rifle season..If you ask me after the guns start going off deer season blows....I'm all about the QUIET...

I keep hearing about that if it doesnt have a string its not a bow...Yes not in the true sense of the word but the use of it and shot placement and tracking / recovery would be much more akin to bow hunting than gun hunting.The projectile still kills by cutting not from blunt trauma like a bullet..I think it should be allowed anytime during the season and Especially on LI..I would much rather see this air bow in more widespread use than the opening up of more counties for rifle season..If you ask me after the guns start going off deer season blows....I'm all about the QUIET...

Look, now-a-days, it is fashionable to cram anything you want into bow season. The term bowseason can be stretched and pulled and tortured to include anything anybody wants. I have no doubt that when the DEC gets ready to cram yet another thing into bow season, they will include this abortion in the blink of an eye.

• Like 1

Here it is in action. Boy that sure is "loud" right Mr VJP?

Once again a video with a lot of noise covering up the sound of the air gun.  The other question I have is what speed was the arrow being fired at?

Compared to a compound or a crossbow, it's not quiet.

Loud is a relative term regarding archery equipment.  Since the Crosman is actually a gun, relative to other guns, it's not loud.

But the main objection remains, it's not archery, it's a firearm, and should never be legal for any archery only hunting season.

Edited by Mr VJP

Once again a video with a lot of noise covering up the sound of the air gun. The other question I have is what speed was the arrow being fired at?

Compared to a compound or a crossbow, it's not quiet.

Loud is a relative term regarding archery equipment. Since the Crosman is actually a gun, relative to other guns, it's not loud.

But the main objection remains, it's not archery, it's a firearm, and should never be legal for any archery only hunting season.

So now "quiet" is relative? Wasn't relative when you were trying to use it belittle the implement. Funny how fast you go back on your words. Not quieter than a crossbow you say? You'd probably lose that bet Mr BJP. I think BJP is probably better than VJP, like the ring to it.

Why are you trying to move the subject over to seasons? We're talking about this arrow gun, not hunting seasons. Unless you're afraid you'll lose the "it's loud" argument and trying to deflect, but that can't be it, can it?

Look, now-a-days, it is fashionable to cram anything you want into bow season. The term bowseason can be stretched and pulled and tortured to include anything anybody wants. I have no doubt that when the DEC gets ready to cram yet another thing into bow season, they will include this abortion in the blink of an eye.

So you're not only anti-DEC, you're also anti-anythingotherthanbowand270.

So now "quiet" is relative? Wasn't relative when you were trying to use it belittle the implement. Funny how fast you go back on your words. Not quieter than a crossbow you say? You'd probably lose that bet Mr BJP. I think BJP is probably better than VJP, like the ring to it.

Why are you trying to move the subject over to seasons? We're talking about this arrow gun, not hunting seasons. Unless you're afraid you'll lose the "it's loud" argument and trying to deflect, but that can't be it, can it?

Listen .... (language edit: ),  (like that name?)

I started my comments on this thing saying it was an air gun and not a bow.  The instrument belittles itself, as well as anyone who thinks it should be used for archery.  

We're talking about using an air gun in archery seasons.  I really don't give two sheets what you think is loud and what isn't.  You seem to spend all of your time on this site trying to start arguments and rarely originally post anything of substance, or that risks anyone challenging you.  Your and agitator, nothing more.  You seem to be real concerned about "winning".  The people I know who are so concerned about it are big losers.  Try learning to debate without being a ...

you know the rules... easy with the language

Listen Dick, (like that name?)

I started my comments on this thing saying it was an air gun and not a bow. The instrument belittles itself, as well as anyone who thinks it should be used for archery.

We're talking about using an air gun in archery seasons. I really don't give two sheets what you think is loud and what isn't. You seem to spend all of your time on this site trying to start arguments and rarely originally post anything of substance, or that risks anyone challenging you. Your and agitator, nothing more. You seem to be real concerned about "winning". The people I know who are so concerned about it are big losers. Try learning to debate without being a Dick.

Try learning to debate using a spell checker.

• Like 1