Saratoga nursery taking orders

When I bought my land back in 2007 I ordered 300 white pine from the nursery. We planted them in April of that year. They were pencil size trees that are now almost 6-8 feet tall. I would say a good 250 made it. Well worth the 50 or so bucks I paid for them. Also had my kids help plant them and we call each area they planted their forest. Buy them now before they get sold out of some species. On a side note for some reason the bucks don't like to rub white pine, why I don't know but none were ever torn up??

You are very luck FL...We planted wth, pine and white spruce. The spruce were the road view blockers and no problems...the wht, pine (which are my favorite) We plant staggered with the wht, spruce,it went 10/10 down the goat fence line as a wind snow break. not one singe wht. pine made it...the deer got them all....The wht,spruce are all over 20 ft on the road and the wind break are around 8-15 do to a heavy snow breaking all the tops out. This just made them thicker...

I did small woodland plantings  of spruce...buck got them all...this year they took out a few Concolors and more wild apples...I can't fence everything...lol

Now I transplant the wild seedlings from some wht pine we had here and the Norway from the neighbor next door...bird and what ever do a lot of "seeding" on our place. Though this year 40.00 for a Christmas tree...I will be buying 25 Concolors and protecting them for us and our Son...He worked 2 years in high school hand trimming trees at a local Christmas tree farm.

Edited by growalot

If you are staggered between one or more counties that place orders and the drive to pick up isn't bad...I'd look into those programs as well...I get both the Livingston and the Steuben  lists...they order different plants,Ontario county is another good one ...these counties order different plants so what you may not see at one you may at another...

If you have a county soil and water authority near you call them up or visit their web site to see if they have ordered trees...They will have a list that you can order from and the a pick-up point for you to take delivery...It could be just along the side of the road one day out of a truck...(Livingston county) or a towns barns( Steuben )...but it saves shipping cost...

Is this nursery in Saratoga Springs? if so, I guess ill have to order and have them shipped. 4.5 hr drive, We will be buying quite a few trees this year, and might have to take up on this.. 

yes it's in Saratoga right next to Spa State Park (Rt 50/Ballston Ave.)

When I bought my land back in 2007 I ordered 300 white pine from the nursery. We planted them in April of that year. They were pencil size trees that are now almost 6-8 feet tall. I would say a good 250 made it. Well worth the 50 or so bucks I paid for them. Also had my kids help plant them and we call each area they planted their forest. Buy them now before they get sold out of some species. On a side note for some reason the bucks don't like to rub white pine, why I don't know but none were ever torn up??

300 trees only cost 50 bucks total? That's wild!

You Can't Beat My Meat!

If you are staggered between one or more counties that place orders and the drive to pick up isn't bad...I'd look into those programs as well...I get both the Livingston and the Steuben lists...they order different plants,Ontario county is another good one ...these counties order different plants so what you may not see at one you may at another...

Hey grow, got a question. Im in steuben and would be interested in getting apple trees. Any info regarding the list you're talking about would be great. I would love to get a bunch of apple trees started.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Those of you at a a distance can have them shipped to your house. Take the seedlings and plant them in cheap window boxes that depot sells. Use a good soil mixture. I did this once and let them grow all summer and planted in the fall. Worked great.

Chas, I haven't received my list from them yet...I sent an E-mail out to them today..So I'm not sure they will have Apple's this year...they usually have high Bush blue berries. Sometimes they have crabApple's...Onterio county has their list up on their web...again water an soil dept.

Chas, I haven't received my list from them yet...I sent an E-mail out to them today..So I'm not sure they will have Apple's this year...they usually have high Bush blue berries. Sometimes they have crabApple's...Onterio county has their list up on their web...again water an soil dept.

I know they ship to the Ag dept in Bath. I don't see any apple trees on the Saratoga list. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...